What a beautiful day....

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

What a beautiful day....

Post by Kate »

Well, that's all I wanted to say really. What a cracker! Wish we could bottle it and share it with everyone who isnt surrounded right now by bright sunshine and snow-topped mountains. Bon weekend.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Bon weekend, Kate. Enjoy x
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

aha. I'vemanaged to post again at last. I went through preview then submit
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Hmmm..... I've just driven from Aberdeen to Glasgow. Sunshine all the way and snow to be seen on the mountain tops. Only difference being - the temp was about 4 degrees, whereas I've just read that Perpignan hit 20.2 degrees this pm. The highest recorded for this date since 1875. As a lover of warmth, I know which snow-topped mountains I'd like to have seen today.

Enjoy!
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

sunny but only 4deg here in lichfield, Look out though as I arrive in St Cyprien on Tuesday so make the most of the good weather as the wind and rain wikk kick in just as m plane lands. :wink: :wink:
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Another beaut today Helen and Nigel, so will stick some in a bottle and open it when you arrive! :lol: :lol:
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

thanks
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

And just as staggeringly mild a week later. The local press has - rightly - had other things on its mind. And the sign on my local pharmacy is always optimistic (26 degrees anybody?). But it must have been 20 plus or minus on 9 Jan. Is there any site which gives good backward-looking data for the last few days?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

martyn94 wrote:Is there any site which gives good backward-looking data for the last few days?
Yes: www.eberhardt.org.uk

Russell
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

russell wrote:
martyn94 wrote:Is there any site which gives good backward-looking data for the last few days?
Yes: www.eberhardt.org.uk

Russell
Many thanks. 29.4 degrees max on 10/01 looks a bit anomalous, though I don't speak from experience - I was on a train heading north.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

Another cracker of a day today. Had lunch at the Tramontane in Port Vendres, sitting on the port in the sunshine with moule frites and café gourmand to sigh for....Life is sooooo hard! 8) 8) :lol:
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

We are so loving this warm weather. Since we left Ireland on Sunday they've had heavy snowfall followed by Storm Rachel! Our kids are so jealous of us! Unfortunately we only have a few days left to soak up as much sun as we can :(
"click, click"
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

martyn94 wrote:Many thanks. 29.4 degrees max on 10/01 looks a bit anomalous, though I don't speak from experience - I was on a train heading north.
It was really hot. I was gardening in shirtsleeves and had to wear a hat. That reading will be a little on the high side though as my weather station is in the sun and even though there is a louvred cover over the temperature sensor it can get to a few degrees over true shade temperature if there is no wind.

If you want really exact current readings try http://airportnavfinder.com/airport/LFMP/#com

Russell.
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

This doesn't make very good reading here in not so sunny Godstone where it's 3 degrees, windy, rainy & cold!!!!!!!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

The trick is to work up a sweat!

:oops:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.