Future development plans for Perpignan airport

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

artistcg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Travel from Stansted

Post by artistcg »

not everyone drives to/from their destination airport in UK. It takes me 5-6 hours to get from Stansted to Manchester by train. To say nothing of British costs. Anything to midlands/North would be helpful.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

It would take me the same and more to get to South or North Devon by train or coach and then they would probably only take me part way. I am happy to drive to Carcassonne, I don't expect to roll out of bed and fly from Perpignan. I know this isn't the issue here but I am equally as happy to fly from Girona or Beziers. What I would like is at least 1 flight a week from any of those 4 airports, summer and winter to Birmingham 2 1/2 drive in UK or Bristol 1 1/2 drive in UK.
It is not just for me, my family, friends or other expats. It is also for Perpignan and it's immediate area. Once Midi Pyrenees and Languedoc Rousillon become one big family with either Toulouse or Montpellier as it's capitol where will all the visitors go. It wont be here it will be to the cities who have the regular and varied flights. Come on Perpignan it is time you stood up and fought your corner, you are a beautiful city with wonderful surrounding countryside, coast and mountains but it is no good having it if people can't get here.
Dylan
CPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPB »

We normally look at the most time convenient and day convenient flight from these airports to our destination...the closer obviously being the better:
Perpignan
Bezier
Girona
Barcelona
Montpellier
Carcassonne

So far we have flown from all apart from bezier and we have had friends/family arrive at all apart from bezier and carcassonne.

The new car sharing sites offer great deals to get to barca too which helps, although we normally drive we have had friends/family use this.

We like the stanstead-Perpignan route. It's a bit of a far getting round the M25 but it could be worse.

I can see from posts on here and Facebook that:
1. a flight to the north of England, maybe one which could cover some of Scotland or at least provide on going connections might be handy
2. possibly one to the west
3. one to Ireland.
Although I think it unlikely that they will be able add in all of these as year round flights...
rickadams
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan airport destinations

Post by rickadams »

We would be interested in flights to Geneva, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Dublin
JRH66300
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JRH66300 »

Flights to Geneva would be good.
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hamyat »

We would love to be able to use Perpignan throughout the year and we are fortunate that we live equidistant to Manchester, Liverpool and East Midlands so flights to any of those airports would be useful. We are coming down in 2 weeks and we are flying Liverpool /Carcasonne. We normally fly in and out of Girona simply because the car hire is so much cheaper even paying to bring the car over the border. We fly down about 6 times a year and drive for the longer stays. Hope this is helpful.
anita.carr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Route

Post by anita.carr »

Manchester to Perpignan to re instate the bmi baby route which was always busy
gratia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gratia »

As someone who has a home both in England and near Perpignan a route from East Midlands or Leeds /Bradford would be good. Have given up on the drive down to Stansted.
joanc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by joanc »

Seems unlikely flights from Scotland to Perpignan would be introduced so would be great to have the current Ryanair winter flights from Glasgow Prestwick to Girona continue throughout the year. Would give easy access to PO and also the Costa Brava.
Scotgirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan airport plans

Post by Scotgirl »

I would've very keen to see a flight direct from Scotland - preferably Edinburgh or Glasgow - to Perpignan. I am fed up either having to fly in to Beziers, Barcelona or Girona from Scotland. Flying in to these destinations means an overnight stay. Why should Perpignan not benefit financially rather than these other cities. Also if I fly via Stansted this requires an overnight stay in London because Ryanair flights from Stansted to Perpignan leave at a ridiculously early time at present. I visit Perpignan region 5 times a year but at the moment am spending a lot of money in other cities. For information - I am not the only person who flies from Scotland who wants to fly direct to Perpignan.
rogb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rogb »

Or (this is more a plea to Ryanair than Perpignan airport) please extend the busy Edinburgh/Beziers service through the winter as well. Another way to get Scottish customers to the PO.
jbiggs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Routes

Post by jbiggs »

London Gatwick please.
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

flights to Perpignan

Post by Karrie »

Many years ago BA flew to Perpignan from Heathrow. It would be fantastic if BA or any other airline flew between the two. I also think there is a market for Ryanair to fly from Bournemouth to PGF to support all the southerners and give Flybe a run for their money, who are incredibly expensive despite offering only propeller jet aircraft that are basic, noisy and uncomfortable some of the year from Southampton.
agni
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by agni »

Think you Kate.

Copenhagen
Billund
Gatwick
yassoo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flights from and to Perpignan

Post by yassoo »

Please please restore thé all year round flights from Perpignan to Manchester. Perpignan airport is so much more convenient and accessible for P.O.residents. I would be able to visit more often and people would be able to visit me. Why should Gerona / Carcassonne benefit when Perpignan could enjoy the extra revenue.
jecjcr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perpignan Airport Navette

Post by jecjcr »

Comments about the airport.

The improvements already mentioned will be welcome. Overall my wife and I find it a pleasant airport to fly to and from.

However could we please have the Navette service back. It was fantastic for us. I appreciate that it was not heavily used, but a minibus type service would be greatly appreciated.
John and Jane Currer, Prades
(c. 32 flights per annum)
Roussillon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan Airport

Post by Roussillon »

Thank you Kate for all your efforts in relation to Perpignan Airport improvements. Glad to see that the Departure Lounges are to be upgraded as they are very hot and crowded in summer.
I would love to see Aer Lingus have some flights to Dublin during the winter season, maybe 1 flight a week, which would be great.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks.....but though I'd love to take credit it for it, :p this is all the airport's doing. They contacted me and instigated the whole thing. I'm just the inbetweenie! :chinese: :chinese:
cag
Rank 0
Rank 0

Future development plans for Perpignan airport

Post by cag »

Perpignan to Leeds and Perpignan to Southampton would be my preferred routes. :D Thank you for all you hard work, lets hope the airport goes from strength to strength.
dimidu66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by dimidu66 »

Dear All,

On behalf of Perpignan Sud de France Airport, I wish you all the best for this New Year and we would like to thank you sincerely for all your comments about the things that could be improved like transportation services, suggestions for new routes...

We read carefully this website & forum, I'm member since 7 years and we are definitely highly interested in getting the most feedback we can get from you. Your comments represent very qualitative data for the airlines when we try to convince them to open a route, change the times if they represent a risk to not fill the plane for the airline... Many thanks.

Dimitri
Moonbeam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight from south

Post by Moonbeam »

As Ryanair continuing to use Girona is under threat, it seems a great opportunity to develop Perpignan to cover those wanting to reach the southern French and Spanish Mediterranean coast. In addition, using the opportunity to offer winter flights promoting the southern Pyrenees for skiing. Selfishly, would love flights from Bournemouth!
paulnoble
Rank 0
Rank 0

perpignan airport routes

Post by paulnoble »

Having travelled to Ceret and region for last 12 years and now getting more time to enjoy, found Ryanair pulled my usual route from Girona, this always did seem to be full to capacity for south of France and north of Spain, Costa Brava region the North East of England again seems to be a forgotten source .Newcastle to Girona was four times a week route in summer season now nothing...
One does live in hope!
ToniVW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ToniVW »

Perpignan airport
I travel to England about every six weeks - I was delighted when I heard that Ryanair was continuing flights during the winter but when I saw the times of the flights from Stansted to Perpignan - very early and I need at least two hours to get to Stansted it is impossible for me to get back to Perpignan. I also would've liked a flight on Sunday evening or Monday mid-morning as I am still working but there are no flights at all on Sunday or Monday. I wanted to take a group of 10-14 with me in March or April for 4 days so we will probably fly from Montpellier on Easyjet and leave our cars at the airport. AT least Easyjet fly on the days we need, at reasonable times and also land SOUTH London (Gatwick) far more practical for us.
TVW
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Stansted isn't the best for us...but it's not the worst either. On most of our trips these days we are heading for Northants or/and Nottingham. On our last trip we booked at the Premier Inn Stansted airport for the night before our flight (7.45 am departure) . It cost us £29 + £8 parking (one night), which we thought was good value for a comfortable large room. Next morning departure was just that bit less painful. We will do the same for our next trip, though the hotel price has gone up to £35
Stita
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stita »

We fly from Dublin 3-4 times a year. We used Gerona until the winter flights stopped. May to September,we fly with Aer Lingus to Perpignan. Otherwise we use Carcassonne. For us in St Cyp, Perpignan would be perfect all year round.
john_d
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by john_d »

Many thanks, Kate, for your efforts on this thread. Nothing completely original from me but more ammunition on certain comments: Stansted is not ideal for us (that would be Gatwick) but that's not a big issue. Publicity about what PO has to offer - beaches, scenery, skiing, history etc - is pathetic (but I suppose if it were increased prices would go up). However, publicity would also give more viability to the airport if more tourists were encouraged to visit and see the wide range that our department can offer. Our major concern is still transport. We are often left with no alternative but to take a taxi from the airport to Argeles at 60-70 euros unless we want to be faced with a stressful and tricky series of bus/train liaisons more suited to adventurous backpackers than chilled-out pensioners! The number 7 bus is useless but would be an option if it visited the Gare Routiere (surely not a huge diversion to its route). There seems to be no interest from the authorities in dragging the airport into the 21st century by making it accessible to the rest of the region, although the airport management do seem to be on to this (due thanks acknowledged).
Vieux Richard
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vieux Richard »

We really like Perpignan airport and were pleased that Perpignan-Stansted continues throughout the winter.
However going to see the family in Lancashire after Christmas was not much fun, it took us 5.5 hours to get to Garstang from Stansted by road due to bad weather & road works.
For us Perpignan-Leeds/Bradford would be great and if Ryanair won't do it, then why not approach Jet 2 or Monarch?
The North of England needs to have a direct flight to/from Perpignan, ideally all year round but if not then at least during the summer months.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I don't understand why everyone wants to roll out of bed and fly from Perpignan. I would be ecstatic with a year round flight to the South West preferably Bristol from Perpignan but would also happily travel to Carcassonne, Beziers or Girona.
Dylan
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

perpignan airport

Post by monsans »

Oh please let Perpignan become bigger and better for those who prefer to fly a/r from it forwhat ever reason. Easier access, preferred airline, better times and dates etc. Let's not moan and counteract all that has gone before and has been said on this subject.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

That wasn't the intention Monsans but the initial question was Perpignan and Carcassonne airports but every one seems intent on making a beeline for Perpignan. Thus overlooking the information asked for. Don't get me wrong I would to love to see Perpignan expand and have many more routes and regular flights. Not just for myself and other expats but for tourists and the beautiful region itself.
Dylan