Recommendations for beach restaurant

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Recommendations for beach restaurant

Post by malcolmcooper »

Hi, I'm looking for a beach day tomorrow with sunbeds, parasols and a kid friendly beach restaurant. A bit like the first beach at Banyuls near the Elmes Hotel but somewhere different, either in France or Spain. Any ideas welcome.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Les Paulilles? Le Sole Mio has been OK for me - though you pay for the site as much as the food - but has bad days if you judge by tripadvisor. I haven't tried the new regime at le Clos des Paulilles, but it looks slick on their website.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Rosas is a great beach for kids. Restaurants just separated from beach by pedestrian street, so safe.
pbb
Rank 2
Rank 2

Beach with sunbeds

Post by pbb »

We use Club Emeraude at La Marenda beach, Argeles nord when we have children with us or want to hire a catamaran or canoe etc. Food and drinks and icecream for kids, and toilet. Can't recommend that though!
You need to ring around 9am to book sun beds.
Good luck!

INFORMATIONS PRATIQUES

ADRESSE
CLUB DE PLAGE EMERAUDE
Plage Nord
66700, Argelès-sur-Mer
France
CONTACT
Site web
33 (0)6 09 20 62 24
ENVOYER UN EMAIL
DATES D'OUVERTURE
Du 25/05/2014 au 15/09/2014
De 09:00 à 19:00 - De 09:00 à 18:00
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Beach restaurant

Post by Lanark Lass »

We had a very nice lunch at a restaurant on the beach at St Cyprien a couple of days.There are tables on decking and sunbeds with straw parasols just in front. Public toilets/showers close by but do not inmpact on restaurant. Ideal for us as mum was in a wheelchair. Family at next table had a little girl who was playing with her bucket and spade. There were people on the sunbeds too.

Can't remember name of restaurant but its near the main square where there is sometimes a stage Boulevard Maillol then plage Maillol.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

If you have a satnav,co-ordinates for St Cyprien restaurant are 42.6289n ,3.03578 east
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up at Estelle de Mar on the beach at Canet facing the Flamant Rose Hotel. Very nice food and very friendly.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.