Restaurant opening in Catllar, near Prades

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Pablo66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pablo66 »

"L'Olivier" restaurant is open for business in the little village of Catllar, which is the first village out of Prades on the road to Mosset and the Col de Jau. Lovely setting on the Place du Village. We do tapas and a plat du jour and have a nice selection of local wines, plus a "coup de coeur", which at the moment is a really smooth Albastro from the Alentejo region of Portugal.

Bookings and enquiries on 04.30.45.60.42
We are also on Facebook : "Resto l'Olivier"
Free Wifi access

We hope to see you soon.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

What are you like for Fish-eating vegetarians?
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Are you listing Domaine Treloar wines at your restaurant? If not, you can call me. We have a lot of customers who live around there.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Ian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ian »

We visited L’Olivier this week. Lovely setting, friendly service and great food.

We had some tapas for starters, dishes like feves menthe coriandre, caviar d’aubergines, champignons citrons confit. I think others available were pan tomate bouquerones, tapenade, escalivade, salade patates, ail & oregano. All very tasty at 3 euros each.

There is a menu du jour, 3 courses for 15.80, 2 courses for 12.80 or the plat du jour for 9.80

Our choices for main plate was ragout de seiches and veau Marengo which were both excellent. The other main courses on that day were morue a la provencale and tagine de poulet.

Wines from Les Vignerons De Maury and Dom Brial at Baixas suggested by the restaurant were well chosen.

Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Ian
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks Ian. Sounds worth a visit.
Pablo66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pablo66 »

Thanks for your query John. As regards fish-eating vegetarians, there will nearly always be a meat-free fish dish or two to choose from, especially if you phone beforehand. Although one of our chefs, Carlos, loves mixing meat and fish/shellfish in the Portuguese fashion (ragoût de seiches, for example, and tomorrow octopus with tomato and chorizo), recent meat-free dishes have been seiches en persillade, filet de lieu noir, sardines en escabèche, fricassée de morue. I have also home-smoked sardines, mackerel and grey mullet. The latter, incidentally, I find as tasty as, if not tastier than sea bass. Hope this helps. Cordialement, Paul