weather information

Info and interesting facts on weather issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

This week the weather forecast has chopped and changed and it has been impossible to know what is happening. The one thing I can tell you is that it is snowing very heavily and I for one will not be going out in the car.We have however noticed that the road clearance in the village has been so much better this year. Even though the weight of the snow in front of the snowplough knocked our fence down.
The wind is blowing and causing a whiteout not safe to ski or drive at the moment.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Any idea what may be happening for Sunday?
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Weather Les Angles

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Well, it has snowed most of last night and left 35cms of new snow on our garden table but it seems to have stopped now although there is a bit of cloud about but the viz at the top of the Gondola looks ok. http://www.lesangles.com/fr. Traffic is moving in the village and the snow ploughs have been out.
Mountain Mama
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles
What a weird day. It's not doing anything as forecast. It snowed in the night and has been snowing lightly during the morning. It's mainly overcast with the odd flash of sunshine. The roads have been cleared.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Blowing a hooley down here Jen
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Weirder and weirder. We had strong winds this afternoon which blew the snow round in huge clouds. Now the wind has settled down and is snowing quite heavily.If it continues all night it could cause problems on the roads in the morning.check it out before setting out.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

OK It's 10.15pm and the snow is very heavy. The road clearances start around 6am. If you are thinking to come up skiing please bring all snow kit. Including gloves scarves a blanket etc, something to kneel on and your chains. A shovel is also useful. It costs nothing to be prepared and it is so much safer.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles Tuesday morning.
OK...it did snow all night and what was forecast as a few flakes turned out to be between 2/3 feet.And it's still snowing. Looks good for Easter skiing.
Now I know you fed up of me banging on about snow chains but we spoke to a friend who drove back from Andorra a few days ago and was held up by people who were all over the road without any. So be safe and carry them in your car and your can bypass these sad folks stranded in the snow. There are laybys signed for putting on snow chains etc .
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles
Have just walked up to the village and the roads are lethal. The ploughs are not able to keep up with the amount of snow falling and blowing.The tellecabin is not running either is the chairlift up to the Jassets. I have had to walk through deep snow just to get the bread. Drifts are up to 3/4 foot deep.
Forcast for the next 36 hours is that it will continue to snow.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Wow. Stay warm and safe Jen.
xx
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Snap Kate
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles

Yes it is still snowing heavily and the cloud is down. Very grey and overcast.In places we have about 3 foot of snow. . As for the roads I can't tell much except that yesterday it was compacted snow and ice on the main road. We had passed a van parked on the pavement. [because it was market day] Mike said he was surprised that it had not slid back down the hill. An hour or two later he went up to the village to find that the van had in fact slid backwards into the middle of the road on the snow and ice.Brakes on. Car with drivers were having big problems maneuvering around the village. I should imagine all other villages in the ski areas are having the same problem.
I do not know to what height the snow has fallen down the valley
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather onformation

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles
Good grief the sun is out.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Beautiful near ille Sur tet.sunny and warm.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather information

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles
Beautiful sunny day, little bit of breeze but nothing like the past few days.
The main roads appear to be clear and the snowploughs are now clearing more of the old village.
Because of the limited skiing over the past few days the queues are fairly large. But they will vanish as skiers get off up the mountain.
Still take care on the dark/wet patches on the road coming from the Capcir Tourist office to Les Angles as they can hide ice.