Travel Insurance through C.A. Gold Mastercard

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Travel Insurance through C.A. Gold Mastercard

Post by cufc »

We understand from the website and our local bank branch that our Gold card covers us for Travel Insurance but we are getting conflicting information about how much we have to charge to the card, for what, and when in order to be covered.
Can anyone give us information on this or has anyone experience of making a claim on this type of insurance?
Hopefully, of course, we won't have to claim but I just want to be sure where we stand.
malcolm4664
Rank 1
Rank 1

CA SudMed Gold/Gold black Mastercard

Post by malcolm4664 »

This site identifies the benefits in English. There are two cards so check the amount of cover you are entitled to.

http://www.ca-sudmed.fr/Vitrine/ObjComm ... cards.html

Probably one of the best International cards to use world wide hampered by being administered by a French bank.

Any problems phone the free helpline on the card. English/American spoken.

Make certain that your bank has your mobile phone number correctly installed on your MasterCard account, as well as the current account, as all insurable transactions go through their SECURE system which texts you the approval code to you per transaction.

The more you use the card the less the annual fee.

The bank should have given you the handbook, in French, which gives the full extent of cover and conditions worldwide. The UK one is NOT the same. In fact the terms change from bank to bank. The CA one is one of the best.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I have a CA Mastercard but it doesnt have Eurocard on it. What is the difference?
Dylan
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

We had to cancel Ryanair flights last year due to me a breaking an ankle. We claimed on our gold bank card (Banque Populaire) and it was a hassle! The doctor had a long questionnaire to fill in, my husband had to go the bank several times and eventually when they did pay out they only paid for the basic cost of the flights which was buttons, but nothing for the suitcase and the extra costs added on by Ryanair! We wondered if it was worth the hassle in the end!