barcalona airport by train

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

stanley
Rank 0
Rank 0

barcalona airport by train

Post by stanley »

Hi, I am travelling to the airport in Barcalona by train from Perpignan, I understand there is a direct train or shuttle bus to the airport, but am unsure of which station I must depart to catch the connection?

Also it is this Saturday the 9th November 9am train from Perps to Barca Saints station.

Any advice would be appreciated & thanks in advance.

Stan
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

Make sure you have a few euro coins so that you can avoid the queues at the Sants station. Simply a question of buying a ticket from the machine, finding the correct platform from the indicator and then waiting on the platform for the right train. Trains are marked Airport.
PatrickF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PatrickF »

There is always a lovely Spanish lady who can help you buy a ticket to the airport. Just Q behind the English tourists. Smashing train service from Sants, recently I helped a lady and her family from Rio with lots of bags etc on & off the train at the airport station and had ten euro pressed into my hand. I said no but the smile said I should not go unrewarded!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Another good reason for having some loose change handy is that you will avoid any prying eyes seeing where you keep your wallet 'safe'. Pickpockets are rife and very skillful.

You should be able to buy your through-ticket at Perp to take you to Barcelona airport via Sants.

You simply cross the same platform you arrive on at Sants for your airport train
PatrickF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PatrickF »

In the secure area that you mention I have found that you cannot gain access without tickets etc. I do know that the challenge is not beyond the kids of this great city, but it is a lot safer than some of the blogs report.
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

You dont actually have to go as far as Sants. If you get off at the staion before Passeig de Gràcia, the airport train arrives at the same platform, usually only a few minutes after, to link with the arrival from Perps. Same difference I suppose, as continuing on to Sants and getting off there.

Like Sue, I ask for a ticket directly to the airport (when I leave from Figueres) so there's no messing about with a second ticket.

Bon voyage....et bonne chance. Train is great but I always manage to end up sitting next to a loony (tho he's probably saying the same thing to his mates :lol: :lol: )
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Has anyone used the AVE fast train from Girona to Barcelona Sants recently.

Is it reliably on time?
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29