XBMC addons

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

XBMC addons

Post by russell »

I've just tried installing XBMC on another machine and have discovered that a number of repositories and addons have disappeared including ExpatTV and Notfilmon.

For those who are unaware, Notfilmon gives access to all of the Filmon IPTV streams with a choice of resolution and without the need to subscribe and without all the annoying advertisements.

So, if you already have these installed it would be a good idea to make a good backup of your system. If you have an Android TV box such as the GBox all you need to do is make a copy of the "sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons" directory to an external SD card.

Russell
pbb
Rank 2
Rank 2

XBMC add-ons

Post by pbb »

Russell,

Would you be able to make these add-ons available to forum members, if any of them decide to go down the IPTV route with an Android box?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: XBMC add-ons

Post by russell »

pbb wrote:Would you be able to make these add-ons available to forum members, if any of them decide to go down the IPTV route with an Android box?
I don't see why not. Hopefully these addons will become available again before too long one way or another. A quote from another forum:

"A group of developers have left the xbmc hub!!!!
Everything started because they were sending to every xbmc device advertisement of the tlbb supposedly without authorization.
This has created a big mess.
If you notice that some add ons are not working, is because of this reason."

Like the satellite dish situation it is a case of wait and see. In the meantime the Notfilmon addon is still working and doesn't need either a VPN or SmartDNS to access the UK channels. If anyone needs a copy PM me with your email address.

Russell.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I had similar issue in September which my box supplier has fixed with a new version of xbmc.
My box is still working on notfilmon this morning. This 'internal strife' in XBMC is very irritating and in my book needs to be resolved urgently.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: XBMC add-ons

Post by montgolfiere »

russell wrote: A quote from another forum:

"A group of developers have left the xbmc hub!!!!
Everything started because they were sending to every xbmc device advertisement of the tlbb supposedly without authorization.
This has created a big mess.
If you notice that some add ons are not working, is because of this reason.

Russell.
could you post the link to this forum please.
Thanks
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I have just performed an Uninstall of XBMC and have installed a new version of xbmc from an sd card. as supplied by the Box Retailer, and added Filmon. Notfilmon and Ice films and all appears to be working well. This was on a Box that stopped working after the 'Goings on' at XBMC in September.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

it seems there are more problems this morning. Filmon and notFilmon are not working again. These 'problems' within xbmc are really a pain. It looks like these types of FTA IPTV systems are 'off the menu' until this situation can be sorted.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

montgolfiere wrote:it seems there are more problems this morning. Filmon and notFilmon are not working again. These 'problems' within xbmc are really a pain. It looks like these types of FTA IPTV systems are 'off the menu' until this situation can be sorted.
Filmon (the service ) is working fine this morning. I've just tried it on a PC, an iPad, a Samsung Smart TV and an Android TV box and all are working.

I suspect you just need to change update settings on XBMC. I'll have a look later on.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Just tried NotFilmon (the free one) on the G-Box and it worked fine until I changed channel. Then it stopped working. Tried Filmon and that didn't work either. So I tried using the Laptop with a VPN enabled but got the same result so something is going on.

Russell.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I haven't fired up XBMC this morning but Filmon is working fine on all my other devices I've just changed channel a dozen times.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Alan,

It seems to be just the XBMC addons that are broken. I can't get XBMC/Filmon to work either on the G-Box or the laptop. However Filmon is working on the laptop through Firefox and on my Android tablet with the Filmon App. It is even working without a VPN connection which was needed before.

So perhaps it's going to be best to subscribe to Filmon to get the HD and no Ads and install the Filmon App on the Android TV box?

Russell.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

russell wrote:Alan,

It seems to be just the XBMC addons that are broken. I can't get XBMC/Filmon to work either on the G-Box or the laptop. However Filmon is working on the laptop through Firefox and on my Android tablet with the Filmon App. It is even working without a VPN connection which was needed before.

So perhaps it's going to be best to subscribe to Filmon to get the HD and no Ads and install the Filmon App on the Android TV box?

Russell.
I'd heard there was going to be a new Android App.

I believe the current one was developed by someone getting paid commission to sell Filmon subscriptions.

Certainly whenever I have used the iPad App I've not suffered advertisements and have watched in SD without interruption

I haven't yet tried the new Windows 8 App - I'll let you know how that behaves.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Sorry i should have been more precise with my post this morning. Filmon itself is working fine on my Android Tablet..
It is just through XBMC that the Filmon and notFilmon add ons that are not working. I have tried on both the adroid Box and laptop.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

montgolfiere wrote: It is just through XBMC that the Filmon and notFilmon add ons that are not working.
Yes, I think there must have been a recent update that is broken. Hopefully it will come back soon.

Some of the add-ons have been rather unreliable since the split between some of the addon writers and XBMC organisation. Let's hope they kiss and make up soon!

Russell.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Filmon is working fine this morning on my lap top with my Chrome browser. Have changed channels several times.
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Sue wrote:Filmon is working fine this morning on my lap top with my Chrome browser. Have changed channels several times.
Yes there are no issues with Filmon 'per se'.

It is just the XBMC add ons that access the Filmon Streams in a specific way from Android Set Top Boxes etc.
The issue is with XBMC not Filmon.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Sue wrote:Filmon is working fine this morning on my lap top with my Chrome browser. Have changed channels several times.
Yes, it's just the Filmon addons for XBMC that seem to be brocken.

Russell.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

It's working again. I left the G-Box on all day and I've just tried it again. I guess there's been another update that's fixed it :)

Russell.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

neither working on my laptop or android box....
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

montgolfiere wrote:neither working on my laptop or android box....
Leave XBMC running for a while. I just tried it on my laptop and it didn't work. Then after a minute or two I got messages to say that Filmon and NotFilmon addons had been updated. After that it worked again.

Russell.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Both (XBMC) Filmon and notFilmon updated when i switched the Box on this morning and now working along with IceFilms which was also affected yesterday. My Supplier indicated that this was again down to one maverick within the XBMC Fraternity who seems to have a grudge.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I have a few Channels, incl. BBC 2 BBC News, not working on < XBMC 'notFilmon' >. They are however working on < XBMC Filmon >.
Has anyone else the same experience?
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

montgolfiere wrote:I have a few Channels, incl. BBC 2 BBC News, not working on < XBMC 'notFilmon' >. They are however working on < XBMC Filmon >.
Has anyone else the same experience?
Yes, it seems that the NotFilmon addon is still partly broken :(

The UK channels now work on the Filmon addon without the need for a VPN etc. The only difference between the two seems to be that NotFilmon gives you the choice between SD and HD.

Another possibility that may be more reliable is to install the Filmon Family Android app from Google Play and not use XBMC. When I first tried that it needed a VPN to watch BBC etc and it was plagued by adds unless you subscribe. It now works without a VPN and SD is free and seems to be add free, at least for the short time I've played with it. A 15 USD/month subscription gives access to HD and recording although I haven't tried that.

Russell.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Link to a 'Clean' version of Filmon for xbmc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175884

I will be trying to install this tomorrow.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

montgolfiere wrote:Link to a 'Clean' version of Filmon for xbmc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175884

I will be trying to install this tomorrow.
I've been using this version for a week or so now and it is working fine (so far).

Russell.