FROGBUS USERS - Attention

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

If there are enough people wanting to do this, I can create an individual section just for lifts offered and wanted. I know that Opas regularly posts when she has room in the car, and several others have in the past.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Kate wrote:If there are enough people wanting to do this, I can create an individual section just for lifts offered and wanted. I know that Opas regularly posts when she has room in the car, and several others have in the past.
Kate
You might be surprised if Frogbus starts to post too on this section. If your section gets popular and more posters give more ideas, the Frogbus people will think a bit.

Good job Kate!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Smiley G wrote:Before this eight-page thread disappears (it's going nowhere at present) has anyone considered driving to Girona Airport? It's only 65 miles each way from Argelès for example and takes about 75 minutes using the A9.
If the forum could co-ordinate lifts offered/lifts needed, I am sure fuel & toll contributions would be less than all the hassle that bus "services" seem to generate.
I for one, will post seat availability, dates & times for both Barcelona El Prat & Barcelona Girona.
I have done that on a regular basis, and still ending up sat next to a lady who is a forum member , in Gerona airport to find she lives in the next village, had driven down, paid to park her car for the same lenght of time.........

I have used frog bus, successfully twice, after the tales on here I would sooner pay for the parking, diesel and know I am going to have my fate in my hands!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Kate

It makes sense. Good one.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Kate

How about a 'name and shame ' topic, with legal caveats to cover you?

Just a thought
John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

This thread is going nowhere because we are getting no replies from Frogbus.

There are alternatives.
I have changed all my clients to Perpicat and will never use Frogbus again
I drive as often as I can, there is now a lower cost long stay car park at the airport.

I would be interested in receiving personal emails from all those who have issues with Frogbus
Pauljhonley@aol.com
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Attention Frogbus users

Post by Rose »

I have friends who can take me and I regularly use them and go to get them from Girona when necessary. Opas is always very good at offering lifts. I have used Perpicat without a problem. Unfortunately parking at Girona is expensive. I now know someone else in Laroque who would be happy to take me there. When I am going there would be happy to offer lifts if there was a dedicated place to post.

As Frogbus are reluctant to post on here, have banned me for asking for a reimbursement on their Facebook page, have ignored complaints from both Paul and myself and have ignored my registered letter I have set up a Facebook page - People let down by Frogbus.

After teaching for many years, going to University at the age of 50 to take a French degree and then working as a tour guide in Europe and Australia I have come across many companies, both English and American who do not offer what they advertise. Look up Mariden USA on Google, who I once worked for, and you will find that social media has helped many people. This company took money from American students who worked hard to save up for trips to Europe. The company has this year gone into voluntary liquidation this year and students have been left without their trips. Social media is a powerful tool.
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

frogbus

Post by CarolineN »

Would you mind giving directions to the new cheaper long stay car park? Thanks
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

I have created a new forum - Airport Transport - in the hope that people may use it to ask for and offer lifts. (directly under the travel forum)

Just to play devil's advocate, do bear in mind that many people have had good or at least OK experiences with Frogbus and Perpicat and they should not be entirely ruled out.......but forewarned is forearmed!

Just a thought.....
I wonder whether they have simply stopped bothering with/worrying about their reputation with the small pool of Brits, having realised that they are more likely to fill their buses with Spanish and French.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Good thought Kate. Especially as they now stop at the Grand Jonquera shopping centre. Perhaps they have found they dont need the airport runs and can fill a bus to the shopping centre and station!
Dylan
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Kate...new forum a great idea
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Attention Frogbus users

Post by Rose »

I like the idea of a separate section. I am also in touch with the small claims court in Dublin, where the business is registered.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Just to update on the matter of our visitors who were thrown off the bus at Girona Train Station after having bought and boarded the bus at Girona Airport. I Emailled Alistair Whatmore on 2 Sept to persue a refund...reply on 4 Sept from him asking for a telephone number to call me ( which I provide by return) so we could discuss the matter...heard nothing since.

I have referred this company to the Dept of Jobs Enterprise and Innovation ( National Consumer Agency) in Dublin to look in their trading practices and website.
PatrickF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PatrickF »

Nigel wrote:Just to update on the matter of our visitors who were thrown off the bus at Girona Train Station I Emailled Alistair Whatmore on 2 Sept to persue a refund...reply on 4 Sept from him asking for a telephone number to call me ( which I provide by return) .
Alistair Whatmore ..... sounds like a good name for a non person that has to deal with "whatmore complaints" :twisted: best of british, to make any headway!
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Just as a finale to my posts on this subject I have as noted transferred all my business to Perpicat.
First experience is very positive.
Perpicat do not charge in advance of travelling.
Perpicat send confirmation of ones booking. The mail includes a telephone number of the office plus the mobile number of the driver.
Once booked Perpicat advised 1 week before the bus had beenoverbooked.
They kept us advised of the situation & on a date pre-advised they called to say they had put on an extra bus.
The bus arrived on time (no-one else on board) and off we went. 45 minutes to Le Boulou (compared to 1hr 15mins Frogbus)
One additional passenger did actually join at Girona Airport, he changed from The later Frogbus. His story is another Frogbus tale in that on his last Frogbus booking the bus had not turned up. So when he booked his return he refused to pay in advance. I think he will also now be a Perpicat customer.

This is how to run a Company. Frogbus take note.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Pepicat seems the perfect answer to me.....do they pickup at Le Boulou peage gates ?....
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pauljhonley »

Nigel wrote:Pepicat seems the perfect answer to me.....do they pickup at Le Boulou peage gates ?....
Nigel
Yes they do and also from villages between Perpignan and Collioure, which includes Argeles.

Paul
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

FROGBUS PERPICAT

Post by monsans »

Aren't you lucky!! It did not always work like that for me. Happy travelling.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: FROGBUS PERPICAT

Post by Pauljhonley »

monsans wrote:Aren't you lucky!! It did not always work like that for me. Happy travelling.
I know that none of the Companys are perfect but at least Perpicat communicates and answers telephone calls plus I like the security of having the actual drivers phone number. They are more serious about customer care
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus users

Post by Rose »

Forget sending a registered letter to Impasse des Soupirs. Letter returned as, "Not known at this address."
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Has anyone who has been let down by this company paid by credit card and taken it up with their card holder insurer?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Pauljhonley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Frogbus users

Post by Pauljhonley »

Rose wrote:Forget sending a registered letter to Impasse des Soupirs. Letter returned as, "Not known at this address."
I visited that address and was told that no-one from Frogbus lives there anymore.

The alternative address is 2 villages down toward Le B.
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Will post an email address + Tel No for Frogbus in a few minutes, just waiting on them
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Hope these help

Email address wiktoria@frogbus.com

Tel No 06 11 65 06 37
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

Bringing this back to the top because someone has e-mailed me with his wife left in Perpignan last Sunday.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Rose ...do you have anymore details
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

opas wrote:Has anyone who has been let down by this company paid by credit card and taken it up with their card holder insurer?
Late September i booked for a friend for late October using my card. Frogbus let him know the night before he was due to travel that the bus was cancelled. I am at no loss as my friend paid me. Frogbus in their email said that they would refund the money but as yet it hasnt hit my account. I have emailed them to ask when it would be refunded so i will give it to the end of this month before contacting my card company.
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

is their booking system still not working? i might need to refresh my computer as its been over a week now .
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Website has a message saying it's disabled, and to contact sales@ibooking.com
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Frogbus

Post by Rose »

See on Tripadvisor 'Frogbus to Girona cancelled by text with 15 min notice.'