DVD player

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

DVD player

Post by BT »

Any recommendation as to where to buy a new player?

BT
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Boulanger behind Auchan. Darty may have something too.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Boulanger have a massive showroom but their assistants all seem to have been on some "how to appear annoying" course. The people at Darty are much more knowledgeable and helpful IMO.

Of course you could also try an online store. Often cheaper if you know what you want.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Santiago wrote:Boulanger have a massive showroom but their assistants all seem to have been on some "how to appear annoying" course. The people at Darty are much more knowledgeable and helpful IMO.

Of course you could also try an online store. Often cheaper if you know what you want.
I've not been to the Boulanger near Auchan but at Rivesaltes/Claira, the Boulanger shop is excellent and has offered the best level of service that I have found anywhere.

As an example, I ordered a new model dishwasher that they didn't have in stock. They loaned me one of theirs, fitted it and swapped it for the one I ordered when it became available. They also matched the best price available on the internet and have an assistant that speaks perfect English.

As for a DVD player, its hardly a purchase worth travelling for, new models are available at under €25. I'd get one from Amazon and save the trip to the shops.
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

DVD

Post by BT »

Thanks for the replies, Amazon not an option as we are only here till the 27th, heading to carrefour tomorrow!