Door lock mobile home?

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Downderryboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Door lock mobile home?

Post by Downderryboy »

My Willerby EMI Lodge 1999 mobile was one of many targeted by burglars over winter. They only succeeded in breaking the door catch, not the door locks. I need though to replace the door locking mechanism a ROTO R627 D30 35/92/8/PZ 01/99. I have searched throughout Argeles, Taxo n the mobile home place in Narbonne & googled n emailed uk lock suppliers but all no to avail. Could anyone pls suggest where I may be able to get hold of a secondhand lock either in France or England. Thank you Simon
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

A friend of ours replaced one on our Willerby when his brother was staying in it and I am sure he just bought a standard lock from Weldom, Argeles.
Dylan
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Perhaps if you post a picture of the old one someone might recognise it?

There are a number of serrurier (locksmiths) listed in the Pages Jaune in Argeles. Have you tried them?

Russell.
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

If English is a problem, there is an Irish locksmith on the approach to Intermarché in Argeles called. Sécuriclé. Don't have details handy but in pages jaunes and a nice chap who might be able to advise you by phone. Bonne chance.
Last edited by Admin on Sat 06 Apr 2013 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Is that the one opposite the Opticians Kate?
Dylan
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

Yes, sounds about right. There are a few medical looking places opposite.
Last edited by Admin on Sat 06 Apr 2013 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Yes, Opticians as in eye testing, Radiography and Opticians as in selling glasses. There is a kebab/pizza place almost next door to the locksmiths. Think the road is Avenue des Flamants Roses (something like that!)
Dylan
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

The guy is Steven and he lives in Villelongue. I think he's Irish.

He certainly knows his business so give him a try. He is closed on Sat/Sun but the rest of the week he's open.

He has a truck so he can see the trouble which needs fixing.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

door unlock

Post by monsans »

Sécuriclé 17 ave. des Flamants Roses. Za. 04.68.21.86.26. / 06.23.69.46.81. Red van with name on side.
Downderryboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Downderryboy »

Thank you for all your tips, unfortunately had no luck. Tried most suggested and a couple of maintenance guys from the bigger sites in Argeles.

My door is a double glazed PVC unit and the lock believe it or not is a complete unit 6 foot tall but the middle bit (lock) does unhook from the top n bottom sections, but they r linked, so need this make ROTO.
I guess my best bet is a breakers back in UK. Thank you.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I know you have looked on the Internet but I came across these people who say they do spares for caravans including door locks

http://caravanspares4u.co.uk/

Probably worth an e-mail if you haven't tried then already
Downderryboy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Update & Thank You

Post by Downderryboy »

On returning to UK I searched high and low for a replacement lock but to no avail. One lock company suggested a new replacement lock of different make which can replaces 90% of door locks but was around £100. By chance I searched Ebay and low and behold found a ROTO R627 but with a different second number. I was the only bidder and two days later after parting with £19.99 it dropped through letter box. from the photos and traced plan I have here it looks the job. Will find out in June when I return south. Thank you for the tips posted on this forum. REgards sp