dog breeders/rescue

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

nickjermyn
Rank 0
Rank 0

dog breeders/rescue

Post by nickjermyn »

I am after a dog. Does anyone know of any breeders and/or rescue/adoption centres/services in the region? I am looking for a mid to big size dog.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I know of a griffon cross, 1 year old looking for a home. very friendly, ok children and other dogs, housetrained. Also epagneul breton , let me know if you are interested. their photos are on facebook , sos niches du coeur.
At the spa torreilles there is May who is advertised on here, she is a lovely lively dog , good recall . Louna is a lovely dog , she is on sauvetage (20 euros) , she is not ok other dogs in the home ( ok meeting on walks though) very energetic but brilliant recall, Dalida has also been there a long while , never understood why as she is not very big and gets on with everybody. For male dogs there , Tag has been there a long while, lovely dog also good recall but not so good with other male dogs. Athos is a lovely cross pointer , young and ready to learn, has been there for a year now. If you want a challenge and have a lot of patience there is hank , he has been there nearly all his young life but is very shy and nervous around people he doesn't know ( have not seen him for a year but I doubt if anything has changed, ) he is a lovely dog though when he gets to know you and he is out of the gates of the spa.
You can see photos of these dogs on their website just type spa torreilles in google.
Hope allthis helps
Lisa
nickjermyn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nickjermyn »

wow, thanks, great place to start looking.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

forgot to say it is open day there this weekend, . I no longer go to the spa but know a few of the dogs that are still there so am always trying to find someone who might be interested in them so they finally find a home.
The griffon cross and epagneul breton are with another association, both are males .