New restaurant in Banyuls

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

New restaurant in Banyuls

Post by Santiago »

Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

The chef was dreadful at his restaurant in Maury, let's hope he does better in Banyuls.

His last 2 restaurants lost their Michelin stars, though how he got them in the first place is beyond me.

I hope the restaurant is a success but history is against it.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Must admit that I wasn't blown away with the restaurant in Maury although it certainly wasn't rubbish. Given that it was mainly funded by the commune and the wine producers, It's kind of strange to see him jump ship and head for Banyuls. I wonder what the deal is there.

I'll probably give it a go if it's got a nice view.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

I drove past Le Fanal yesterday on my way to and from Cerbere. It is situated almost opposite the vehicle entry to the port.

From what I can see it has no dedicated car park. The dining extension is perched on the pavement across the road with the world and his wife on one side and diesel fumes on the other.

Those among us who follow local affairs cannot fail to be aware of the pretensions of the mayor of Banyuls. If he has his way diners at Le Fanal willl soon be able to observe the
major revamp at close quarters. The fumes and dust will certainly add a certain je ne sais quoi to the dining experience.

Noel