Titre de séjour post Brexit

A subject that is very close to the hearts of the many British that have made a home, either primary or secondary, in France or elsewhere in Europe.
HERE IS YOUR PLACE TO VENT.....but if you become aggressive, rude or personal, you'll be deleted without notice so think before you press that button please!

Moderator: Moderators

rorymerry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Titre de séjour post Brexit

Post by rorymerry »

Hello all,
Today I had the "pleasure" of visiting the préfecture de Perpignan to complete my request to remain in France post Brexit. I've been living and working in France since 2015 and this is the first time I've made an application for a "carte de séjour". At the préfecture they took a copy of my passport plus 2 photos for the ID card (validity 5 years) that I'll receive in around 6-8 weeks. My question is the following : as I've been resident in France for the last 5-6 years, but have never possessed a carte de séjour, was it the case before that just being an EU citizen was enough to come and live and work in France? I'm assuming it was, as no one has ever questioned my status here. I've been resident in France since 2015, I pay taxes, I have a carte vitale, etc. or perhaps my first employer made an application on my behalf for me to be able to live and work long-term in France. If anyone can shed any light on this topic, I'd be grateful.
Pighunter
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Titre de séjour post Brexit

Post by Pighunter »

Well done, I still have yet to hear anything from them.

As your title suggests this is only necessary as a result of Brexit, EU citizens have the right to move around the EU freely.
Ted & Jemima
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ted & Jemima »

.... which is why the UK is the laughing stock of the world after millions of its people voted to have their existing rights to work/live within their own continent TAKEN AWAY from them, not temporarily but forever, for their children, grandchildren and future generations.

Yours,
Ted & Jemima
http://findinglanguedoc.com
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

But did regain the right for themselves and their grandchildren to vote for, or remove, the people who make the laws they have to abide by, and did regain a system of governance in which the executive, judiciary and legislature are separated.

In doing so it also removed itself from an hegemonic entity that only obeys international law when it suits it.

But, hey, let’s have a separate thread about this, if you must. This one’s about the Titre de Sejour.
Ted & Jemima
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ted & Jemima »

Hi GrahamC

The question was: "was it the case before that just being an EU citizen was enough to come and live and work in France?"

We addressed the question. Your comment apparently did not. If you feel the need for a "separate thread", go ahead.

Yours,
Ted & Jemima
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Hello, I am in a similar situation never having had a carte séjour. When did you apply? I applied on line with a scan of Passport, EDF bill and the Diplomatic card which replaced carte sejour.. I received an acknowledgement from them but haven't had an invitation to go to the Prefet for fingerprints! Regards;