A few words for second home owners

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

A few words for second home owners

Post by Gus Morris »

If you are coming down at Easter and have not been here for a while just a couple of thoughts.

About half the houses in the PO rely on satellite services to watch public TV. The most popular service, Canal Sat, is in dispute with the TF1 group and have dropped their channels. Under certain circumstances your receiver will display an error message suggesting there is no signal.

Last night we had hail stones the size of golf balls. Big enough to cause damage.

Gus

PS If you live in Banyuls sur Mer your municipality did you proud last Saturday when the intrepid Romain da Fonseca completed his epic travers of the Pyrenees with a dog team. They didn't waste your local taxes on giving him a civic welcome. They just about totally ignored him.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: A few words for second home owners

Post by martyn94 »

Gus Morris wrote: PS If you live in Banyuls sur Mer your municipality did you proud last Saturday when the intrepid Romain da Fonseca completed his epic travers of the Pyrenees with a dog team. They didn't waste your local taxes on giving him a civic welcome. They just about totally ignored him.
Perhaps their TV had just come back on. Or someone else had just done it on a monocycle, and they were otherwise engaged.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

The government has banged a few heads together and TF1 et al are back on TNT SAT.

Gus
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Gus Morris wrote:The government has banged a few heads together and TF1 et al are back on TNT SAT.

Gus
Thank God. But is it really the case that half of us depend on satellite services? I get it perfectly well on my aerial, and if not from Free. Not that non-availability would put me off an Easter holiday. If I knew when Easter was this year: one of the many pleasures of no longer working, and just living here (until you find that the TGVs are booked solid).
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I thought this was going to be about the increase in tax habitation on second homes.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Santiago wrote:I thought this was going to be about the increase in tax habitation on second homes.
Oh come on! Get your priorities right.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

martyn94 wrote:
Santiago wrote:I thought this was going to be about the increase in tax habitation on second homes.
Oh come on! Get your priorities right.
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands