Waste Dump - Decheterie

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
Peterm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Waste Dump - Decheterie

Post by Peterm »

Could anyone please advise where I can find a household waste dump which has easy access and does not require an approved card to pass through the barrier. I am staying in Collioure.

many thanks
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

I went on Wednesday to the Dechet at Laroque...the gate was broken so you could enter without producing your card
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

There is one at Cosprons at the southern end of Port-Vendres. It is, or at least was, staffed. I went a couple of years ago ready to prove everything down to my blood group, but was asked for nothing. In a rational world, it is better for them to take it than have you fly-tip, and that - perhaps surprisingly - was the attitude they seemed to take. And I think that it is the "official" tip for Collioure, if you can persuade them that you come from there. But your experience tomorrow might be quite different.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

The dechetterie at Cosprons is permanently manned. The guys are usually helpful. If your stuff is bagged and sorted then you can always park outside and drop it in the appropriate bin(s). If you own property you are entitled to a badge as of right. You will need to go to the office in Argeles to apply.

For more information go to http://www.cc-alberes-cote-vermeille-il ... territoire

Gus
Peterm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Peterm »

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will try Cosprons

Peter
Phip3
Rank 2
Rank 2

Cosprons

Post by Phip3 »

Hope it worked out OK ? I've had mixed results there . Relatively small amounts which you can carry past the barrier OK, but recently got turned away when I wanted to dump a very old and heavy PC. The thing's still in the boat of my car.
Peterm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Peterm »

I managed to get through and dumped two garden loungers but it was a bit of a struggle for them to open the barrier.

They gave me the application form to apply for a pass so I think that is what I will do.