Trick or treat?

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Trick or treat?

Post by martyn94 »

How was it for you?

I don't really approve of Hallowe'en here, as a synthetic and commercial adoption of American practice. But I'm not so mean-spirited that I don't lay in some chocs. And it's quite nice to see young kids enjoying themselves. So it was all good with three out of the four groups who visited us last night.

The fourth group included some older male youths who weren't content with chocs but asked for cigarettes and money. I said no (the money because I'm mean, and the cigarettes on principle, though I had some).

About half an hour later, my front door was bombarded with half-a-dozen eggs. It was not the end of the world: 10 minutes with a hose, and half-an-hour on my knees this morning, tidied it up. But I did find it extremely unpleasant: these kids were more or less my neighbours.

What I can't work out is whether they were just generic male teenagers at a difficult age (i.e. somewhere between 10 and 25, nowadays) or whether they had some particular animus against us, as foreigners with a relatively fancy house.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

It was great chez nous, lots of little wide eyed kids,dressed up( not necessarily for Halloween, but certainly in costume, ) kids from 8 to 15 ish with wonderfully makeup from ghosts/witches/ghouls/ monsters etc)

A few older ones jumped on the bandwagon and just wanted some sweets....my car was clocked as rhd, but I wouldn't take it personal that I was English or richer than them, they probably did a few other nice houses too!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.