Armistice 2016

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Armistice 2016

Post by sue and paul »

This year is the centenary of the Battle of the Somme, and on Thurs 10 Nov I hope to have poppies to sell in St Andre 66690. I will be bringing them from UK on Weds 9th. There is to be a special ceremony this year in St Andre, with students from the collège singing "In Flanders Fields" in English, and laying a poppy wreath on the war memorial. I will also be selling poppies there. I will also have a special Somme wreath to sell for 20€ - combined UK and French colours. All funds raised will be sent by me in a cheque to Royal British Legion, Beeston Branch. Please contact me if you'd like to support the Poppy Appeal this year
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

http://www.poppyshop.org.uk/somme-100-wreath-large.html

I'm hoping that this is the Brit/French wreath that I'll be bringing over, for a donation of 20€
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Poppies will be on sale at Café des Artistes Laroque from 10th November

They will also be on sale from 10th November at Intermarché, Saint André

I am awaiting permission from M le Maire, Saint André to sell poppies in the village from 10th November

Please contact me if you have any questions
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

bump...
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Does anyone know where to buy a bleuet de France? I always wore a poppy in England and would love to wear a bleuet here.

I have never seen them for sale and would never have known of their existence if I hadn't read about them on the Anglophone Direct site.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:Does anyone know where to buy a bleuet de France? I always wore a poppy in England and would love to wear a bleuet here.

I have never seen them for sale and would never have known of their existence if I hadn't read about them on the Anglophone Direct site.
Try here
http://www.bleuetdefrance.fr/e_upload/p ... e_2016.pdf

I think the "season" is shorter here (as I think it used to be in the UK before they became compulsory from mid-October). I have seen them in my local tabac of the day, though I cannot swear for my tabac here.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

When I researched the article, somebody official (can't remember who) told me they could only be sold on a certain day, or days, which sounds about right for the strict regulating in France of charitable assocs. Local mairie maybe? Most mairies will be having processions and laying wreaths so you would think they would at least be able to point you in the right direction!!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Just for information, I have been refused permission to sell poppies in the village - it requires the authorisation of the prefecture. However they will still be on sale in Intermarché Saint André and Café des Artistes Laroque from Thursday 10th morning