An Art Trail along the Côte Vermeille

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
Alice Wilkes
Rank 0
Rank 0

An Art Trail along the Côte Vermeille

Post by Alice Wilkes »

Last June Anglophone-Direct carried a review of a book I hoped would be written some time. I bought it immediately: Art Revolution in the Roussillon by Jane Mann and Brian Cotton ... and read it avidly as I was having a coffee in the Saturday Ceret market.

A man noticed me reading and commented with interest as he knew the writers and the bar mentioned in Collioure.

We decided then and there that we would use the book as a starting point for a three day hike down the coast this year, spending nights in Collioure, Port Vendres and Banyuls, following the Matisse, Charles Rennie Mackintosh and Maillol trails.

South African friends will join us as well as other local friends.

Any suggestions of places to eat in th evenings in Porte Vendres and Banyuls?

We will of course be eating in the Hostellerie Des Templiers in Collioure on the first evening!
Any suggestions of routes or sights not to miss would be very welcome.

We are setting off on Tuesday 2nd June.
Thanks Kate for keeping us in touch when we are away from our French home.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Alice,
I forwarded this thread on to Jane and she was delighted you enjoyed the book, and that it motivated you to go on this exciting art discovery trip. Have a fantastic time.

Recommended in Banyuls is Le Fanal, excellent food, (though not so cheap), and the Jardins de St Sebastien, both opposite the port.
In PV. Chez Pujol....or the Tramontane......but the patron isn't speaking to me because I said he was grumpy in a review in the winter PO Life, so give him a good telling off if you go there. :-). :-)