Perpignan Airport Parking

Looking for a lift or able to offer one? Post required dates, times and airport here. (For your safetly, please send any personal details by PM or private email)
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

By email: Perpignan Airport Parking

I noticed an article on parking fees at Perpignan airport. I have a flight next week and will use airport parking.

In order to not get hit with high tariffs I have to pay at the time I park the car - correct? I used to pay at the caisse inside the airport rather than the caisse at the car park and have an airport card. Do I do the same when parking next week?

Thanks
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

The airport's website is slightly ambiguous, it says that to take advantage of the weekly rate you need to go to the airport reception on arrival. Whether that is arrival at the airport or arrival from your destination is anybody's guess.

But why not just go there and ask when you get to the airport?

http://www.aeroport-perpignan.com/en/parking.html
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Interestingly the French version of information about parking says:

Les abonnements et forfaits sont à souscrire le jour d'entrée au parking.

My reading of that is that if you want to take advantage of long term parking options you have to do it on the day you plan to leave the car there.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

To me it's clear that you must go to the desk inside the airport at the time you want to leave your car there. Otherwise, your ticket could not be timed for your parking period
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sue234 »

Hi there,

I’m perplexed! I want to leave my car at Perpignan airport from Saturday 21st July to later in the day on Tuesday 31st July, which will possibly count as 11 days something or 12 days. The internet French Airport Guide to low cost parking at Perpignan airport (dated 2018) gives the charge as follows:

7 - 8 days parking €28,90 and €3 per day thereafter. This would make the cost €28,90 plus €12 by my reckoning, ie. €40,90.

When I phoned the airport Information Desk to check a few minutes ago I just got the reply that parking costs €40 per week. Does that mean it will be €80 flat fee for 12 days? And why the discrepancy?

Does anyone have a definitive answer as it’s already a toss-up between taking a chance on the train or bus from Collioure or taking the car and leaving it there.

Ref a previous question about WHEN to pay the parking fee, the lady I spoke to at the Information Desk told me it’s as I wish; it makes no difference. I think I for one might not leave this to chance, in view of the ambiguities floating around, and will pay at the start.

Sounds as if France has just won the World Cup!

Sue
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Perpignan Airport Parking

Post by Allan »

Sue234 wrote:Hi there,

I’m perplexed! I want to leave my car at Perpignan airport from Saturday 21st July to later in the day on Tuesday 31st July, which will possibly count as 11 days something or 12 days. The internet French Airport Guide to low cost parking at Perpignan airport (dated 2018) gives the charge as follows:

7 - 8 days parking €28,90 and €3 per day thereafter. This would make the cost €28,90 plus €12 by my reckoning, ie. €40,90.

When I phoned the airport Information Desk to check a few minutes ago I just got the reply that parking costs €40 per week. Does that mean it will be €80 flat fee for 12 days? And why the discrepancy?

Does anyone have a definitive answer as it’s already a toss-up between taking a chance on the train or bus from Collioure or taking the car and leaving it there.

Ref a previous question about WHEN to pay the parking fee, the lady I spoke to at the Information Desk told me it’s as I wish; it makes no difference. I think I for one might not leave this to chance, in view of the ambiguities floating around, and will pay at the start.

Sounds as if France has just won the World Cup!

Sue
The French Airport Guide that you refer to is a private, unofficial site that makes its money from advertising.

Since none of the prices and other information on its website are consistent with the Perpignan Airport site then I think it is best disregarded.

Only Perpignan Airport can tell you what their prices are.

Try sending a PM to Dimidu66 on this forum, he is closely involved with the airport and may be able to help.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

The figures given in this link tally with the information you were given on the phone
http://www.aeroport-perpignan.com/parking.html
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sue234 »

Thanks Allan and Helen,

I’ve pm’d dimidu66 simply to try and find out whether my ten/eleven days parking will be treated as just that, or as a flat two weeks’ parking. I recently left my car at Girona Airport and the airport parking fees couldn’t have been clearer and were based on the exact period of parking. Why does Perpignan Airport have to make things so difficult?

Sue