Perpignan Airport Sunday 9th @ 15:20 to Argelès ? BUS

Looking for a lift or able to offer one? Post required dates, times and airport here. (For your safetly, please send any personal details by PM or private email)
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rhys »

Hello

Does anyone know if the regional BUS from Perpignan to Argelès works on a Sunday afternoon ?

I suspect not. If so, am I right that the only way from Perp Airport to Argelès Plage would be Navette to SNCF then train to Argelès station ?

( I am enquiring on behalf of some students who could not afford the taxi from airport to Argelès ).

Does anyone know, for that matter, if even the Navette works on a Sunday ? and meets all the 'planes ?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

It might be worth a look at Blablacar (I don't think that Uber has reached us yet).
rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rhys »

Not sure what that is ( I believe UBER has been banned in France ? ).

But if blablacar is basically a quasi taxi service a bit like UBer then even if a bit cheaper than the 80 to 90 Euro taxi fare from Airport to Argelès it is too much for these youngsters.

From what I have been able to find out ( and those huge timetables downloaded onto a screen [ even a large tv screen in my case ] are virtually illegible ) it appears that the standard NAVETTE which used to meet all the 'planes and take you to the SNCF has been ABOLISHED ( who said that the rule that ALL CHANGE IS FOR THE WORSE is exaggerated ? ) and replaced by municipal buses which call at the airport as well as other places.

HOWEVEr these municipal buses hardly run at all on Sundays.

They are going to have to wait till 6pm ish for the No 7 ligne to Place Catalogne, then walk to SNCF ( is that quite a hike ? I don't know Perpignan well enough ).

Then they might make the last train to Argelès getting there 8pm ish.

So all in all around five hours from Airport to Argelès, just because it's a Sunday...........
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Perpignan Airport Sunday 9th @ 15:20 to Argelès ?

Post by martyn94 »

rhys wrote:Not sure what that is ( I believe UBER has been banned in France ? ).

But if blablacar is basically a quasi taxi service a bit like UBer then even if a bit cheaper than the 80 to 90 Euro taxi fare from Airport to Argelès it is too much for these youngsters.

From what I have been able to find out ( and those huge timetables downloaded onto a screen [ even a large tv screen in my case ] are virtually illegible ) it appears that the standard NAVETTE which used to meet all the 'planes and take you to the SNCF has been ABOLISHED ( who said that the rule that ALL CHANGE IS FOR THE WORSE is exaggerated ? ) and replaced by municipal buses which call at the airport as well as other places.

HOWEVEr these municipal buses hardly run at all on Sundays.

They are going to have to wait till 6pm ish for the No 7 ligne to Place Catalogne, then walk to SNCF ( is that quite a hike ? I don't know Perpignan well enough ).

Then they might make the last train to Argelès getting there 8pm ish.

So all in all around five hours from Airport to Argelès, just because it's a Sunday...........
I apologise for overlooking this. You wrote off my would-be helpful suggestion of Blablacar without taking the minimal effort involved in looking it up to see what it is, or even just passing the idea on to your "youngsters" (I can't imagine ever leaving my holiday planning, at their age, to an old fart like me).

It can be found (surprisingly) at

https://www.blablacar.com/

It is a sort of internet-based car-pooling service: if someone is going your way, you pay your share of their fuel (nothing like a taxi fare) and a small fee to the site. I have never used it, and it's obviously pretty much pot luck whether you'll find a match, but I know people who have used it for quite unlikely journeys, and found it quick and cheap and pleasant. The drivers enjoy having someone to talk to, and will generally go a bit out of their way to deliver you.
Phip3
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bus ligne 7 airport to perp

Post by Phip3 »

Here's the link to download the times of the no 7 bus . I've used it. It's does run on a Sunday but not frequently: last bus from airport at 18H05 ;

http://www.ville-cabestany.fr/index.php ... xtuel=true

Not a long walk from Perpignan station assuming you're not carrying a lot of heavy luggage.