Perpignan Airport <> Collioure Sept 2016

Looking for a lift or able to offer one? Post required dates, times and airport here. (For your safetly, please send any personal details by PM or private email)
logomage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by logomage »

My wife and I are staying at the Hotel Madeloc in Collioure for a week from 17th to 24th September 2016, and we need to get from and to Perpignan Airport - our Ryanair flight arrives at 15:55 on September 17th and departs at 16:20 on September 24th.

Taking a taxi both ways seems very expensive, so I wondered if anybody here might have any advice perhaps?

The Perpicat minibus doesn't appear to serve the airport at the moment, and so far the only alternative I can see is to take a taxi from the airport to the railway station in Perpignan and then a train to Collioure and walk the remaining short distance.

This is our first venture into the P-O and we are hoping it will become a regular feature in our travel plans, so any thoughts will be welcome!

Many thanks,

Philip Cooper
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

There is a quite frequent bus into Perpignan (since you're not travelling on a Sunday). You need to change to a different bus (also frequent) on the same ticket to get to the train station, or else walk it if you have manageable luggage. Some details are here

http://www.aeroport-perpignan.com/en/shuttle.html

and here

http://anglophone-direct.com/perpignan- ... -stations/

That said, if you can afford the hotel, I'd be inclined to grab a taxi to the station, as you have anticipated. It will depend on how your arrival time at the airport fits with the trains.
Damo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Damo »

Hello Phillip,

I realise tis thread is quite old but the daytime taxi fare from the airport with Accueil Perpignan Taxis (http://www.accueilperpignantaxi.fr) appears to be about 20€ to Perpignan or about 60€ to Collioure, however this is based on the tarif page of their site linked to from the English version (dated 2012!).

It can be done relatively inexpensively by public transport though...

Aeroport de Perpignan to Gare de Perpignan
Either:
a) Taxi to Gare de Perpignan taking about 10 minutes
or
b) Shuttle bus which runs roughly every 30 minutes departing the airport just after the hour and half-past the hour. About 20-25 minutes later you will arrive at the Catalongue (Point Chaud) bus stop where you can either walk the 10 minutes to the Gare straight along Avenue General de Gaulle, or walk 1 min to the Catalongue (Brasserie) bus stop and catch buses 2, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14 or 15 for the three minute trip.

Gare de Perpignan to Collioure
A train ticket costs the equivilent of about £5.50 each person each way BUT the "train for 1€" has now been extended to all lines. Unlike the original routes where you could just turn up, busier lines like this have a limited number of Euro tickets available which require booking online at http://www.train1euro.fr Tickets have not yet been released for your journey dates but should be in the next few days (3 weeks in advance). On a Saturday they seem to tend to offer the 1711 from Perpignan (arriving 1732) in the deal which could fit your plan. Therefore, if you could do this both ways you are looking at a total sum of just 4€ return for the both of you for the Perpignan to hotel leg of the journey!

Gare de Collioure to Hotel Madeloc
Upon arrival in Collioure, Hotel Madeloc is then just a literal 5 minute walk from the gare. Leave the station through the car park (Avenue Aristide Maillol) and take the first side road on the left (Rue Romain Rolland). The hotel is a couple of minutes walk up this road on the right hand side.
logomage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by logomage »

Thank you both, Martyn and Nomad!

I think what I've decided as the easiest solution at reasonable cost and speed is to take a taxi from the airport to the railway station and then at the other end to walk from the station to our hotel.

It's a pity there isn't a shuttle going from the airport directly to the railway station - we went to Lyon for a long weekend recently and used their Rhonexpress shuttle which is brilliant.

..... I did eventually get a quote from Perpicat but it was no cheaper than taking a taxi all the way.

We are really looking forward to our trip to Collioure! :D

Philip
annette29@waitrose.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perpignan to collioure

Post by annette29@waitrose.com »

Hi,
I've just come upon your posting when looking for transport from perpignan to collioure. My husband and I will be arriving in perpignan on Ryanair flight at 15 55 too. We are also heading to hotel Madeloc, our first trip to this area. Just wondered if perhaps you and your wife would like to share a taxi with us from the airport to the hotel if we could find each other! No problem if you're already sorted.
Annette Chellingsworth
logomage
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by logomage »

annette29@waitrose.com wrote:Hi,
I've just come upon your posting when looking for transport from perpignan to collioure. My husband and I will be arriving in perpignan on Ryanair flight at 15 55 too. We are also heading to hotel Madeloc, our first trip to this area. Just wondered if perhaps you and your wife would like to share a taxi with us from the airport to the hotel if we could find each other! No problem if you're already sorted.
Oh wow, Annette, I'll send you a pm and/or email ..... and thank you!

Philip