Local Vet open on Sunday?

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

CarinaD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Local Vet open on Sunday?

Post by CarinaD »

Hi there
We're going to bring our hound down in April and I need to organise the vet visit for her the day before we return to England
Does anyone know if there is a vet open on Sunday's in the Collioure/Argeles/Perpignan area?
If not, could anyone recommend a local vet?, I'll re-arrange our travel arrangements and take her on the Monday if need be
All info gratefully received
Many Thanks
Carina
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

The one we take Ellie to in Villelongue, CLINIQUE VETERINAIRE 7 Z A MATEMALA • 66740 VILLELONGUE DELS MONTS
Tél. : 0468950230,
is closed on Sundays. I should imagine it will be like here and emergency only on Sundays. We have been pleased with her services.
CarinaD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CarinaD »

Thanks Kathy
I thought that might be the case
I appreciate the vet info
Carina
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

There's an emergency vet on the Route d'Elne, about one klm up (i.e. towards Perps) from the Mega-Cinema. I think it's alled Croix Bleue.
Helen
CarinaD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CarinaD »

Merci Helen

I think we'll re-arrange our departure date so we can visit the vet on the monday, just a thought, it's not bank holiday in France on monday 3rd May is it?

many thanks
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

local vet open on Sunday

Post by Sue »

The 1st May is a holiday and being as it falls on a Saturday will be either the Friday or Monday but I dont know which. I am sure someone else will so really I havent been much help.
Dylan
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

We use the new vet in St Cyprien Village (near Mc Donalds) mainly because she will give our dog a tablet instead of the dreaded injection.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Who dreads the injection Nigel, you or your dog? :lol:
Ellie does not appear to feel it but a tablet sounds like a good idea. Did you have to specifically ask for it?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

vet on sunday

Post by Sue »

Dylan our dog is fine with his injection but puts up one heck of a fight to take a tablet. Even wrapped in ham or cheese its spat out!! We go to the vets in the road fronting Carrefour, Argeles (same one as Asian Centre and the other news shops are on) is excellent. Yhink its called something like Vetipole.
Dylan
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Ellie has a Glucosamine tablet every day and we put it in some bio yogurt, which she adores, along with her biscuits. This trick works for us.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

You mean the biscuit, the yoghurt and the Glucosamine work for you too?

Like us, Chewy adores fruit; she "steals" lichis and walnuts from the fruitbowl. (Ok, ok, so what if I do leave the bowl on a low table..)