English Speaking Vet

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

English Speaking Vet

Post by Steve »

Hi there,

Does anybody know of an English speaking vet around the Thuir area.

This is the first time we have bought our dog out with us so I want to make sure he gets the correct treatment + stamps on his passport so that I can get him back in the UK.

Whilst my command of French isn't to bad I think it might be a bit easier if I can converse with the vet in English.

Steve
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Some of the vets at Medivet, Corneilla del Vercol, adjacent to N114, sortie 6 (I think), speak English if you ask them. Don't know if it's too far for you. We highly recommend them 04 68 22 55 13
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Not sure about speaking English but these vets are very competent.

I used their services for over five years.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

We use the Vet at Villelongue del Monts. This may be a bit far for you. She doesn't speak English but her vet nurse does, when she is there. To be honest the procedure is straightforward and you should not have any problems. We too worried the first time and understand your concerns.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I know it's a bit far,but Dr Lagreze in Ceret speaks pretty good English,as does his Ukrainian born wife.

04 68 87 44 44
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

Well thats it!

Now back in the UK after nearly 4 weeks & yes its throwing it down!!

However with regards to the vet / our dog. Our local vet in Llupia could not have made it easier if he tried. 9.30AM appointment, dog being checked over at 9.31AM. Very thorough examination before the worming jab + flea thing on his neck. Vet even asked if he had learnt to bark in Catalan.

Being used to London vet charges I thought this is going to hurt when we were invited to take a seat whilst the bill was worked out, €100 sprang to mind! Invoice was printed out for the total sum of €35.

Made going back to the UK a little easier!

Steve
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

That cost was cheap, we paid €58 for the same thing. Last two years have been €45.