Pony sitter

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Pony sitter

Post by dsd »

I have 2 old ponies, 33 and 34 years old, who need feeding 3 times a day. In addition, their feed needs to be pre-soaked as they are missing a lot of their chewing teeth! I give breakfast, put lunch to soak, give lunch, put dinner to soak etc

I am looking for someone in the St Genis/Palau/Brouilla area to look after them occasionally. I would love to get away for a couple of days now and then. There are great walks down to the river, so if the person had a dog they could go for a walk while the ponies eat.

Time involved: 30 mins in the Morning, 10 at lunch and again in evening, although I shut one in his stable in the evening, walk the dog for more or less an hour and then come back to let him out because he eats more slowly than the other one, who will steal his food if they are not separated. I could probably get a neighbour to do lunch but he knows nothing about horses and I wouldn't feel at ease leaving them in his charge for more than a day.

I would pay the person or return the favour if they also have animals. If anyone is interested please contact me by PM.

Many thanks in advance