Foster home for dogs needed due to owner having cancer.

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

Geoffd123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Foster home for dogs needed due to owner having cancer.

Post by Geoffd123 »

In the spring of 2013 I was diagnosed with cancer. At the time we were living in the mountains in a remote farmhouse. Since then we have moved to an apartment in a nearby town where it is more practical for my medical treatment, but neither practical, nor possible, to have our three dogs Theo, Lola and Jess.

We are looking for a foster, or permanent home for them, either individually, or all together.

Currently they are living outside in a run at the old house and friends are tending to them, but this will be impractical over the winter, especially if it snows.

They are three terriers with Jess being the offspring of Theo and Lola.

They are all good with other animals, especially cats and with children.

Please call us on 0468 21 15 52.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

So sorry Geoff to hear of your situation.
Dog Links should be able to help you. Their website address is http://doglinks-france.com/ and their email address is doglinks.fr@gmail.com
The contact lady, Evelyne, is English and can be contacted by telephone on
05 65 69 12 26. She lives near Rodez but can find really good foster homes all over France and even arranges transport.
I hope the above helps you.
Dylan
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Like Sue, we are so very sorry to hear about your condition.
Get in touch with Evelyne; she's a most helpful person and was an absolute godsend when I was looking for a home for a rotweiller I'd rescued from a neighbour.
All the best,Geoff.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

In the meantime, can you tell us a little more about them (age, size etc) in case anybody round here is able to take one or more of them? So sorry to hear this and do hope we can find some solution to at least take this weight off you.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Yes I forgot to say Geoff it would be very helpful to Evelyne if you could let her have photos of the three. I am sure she will be able to find someone who can help you.
Dylan
Geoffd123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Geoffd123 »

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for you responses. I was on my iPad, so did not have a photo of them. Here is one.

Theo and Lola are about 10 years old, Jess is about 5.

Theo, Lola, Jess, Rizzla (who is no longer with us) and the honary dog Tiger Lily.

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

They are beautiful Geoff. Have you contacted Evelyne at Doglinks?
Dylan
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

What an absolutely gorgeous photo,Geoff....love the formation. I can't imagine how heart breaking it must be for you to have to part with your pals..

Helen
MountainGal
Rank 3
Rank 3

Update - good and bad news

Post by MountainGal »

Sadly, Geoff passed away a few weeks ago after a very brave struggle against cancer. His wife has managed to keep one of the dogs, I've managed to home 1 more, Jez is now my boyfriend's new running partner and Theo, the father is currently being fostered by another friend.
MountainGal
Jack of all trades
AND master of them ;-)