Dog lost while in kennels

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

Round
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dog lost while in kennels

Post by Round »

On Sunday 20th Oct 2013 Our small brown/black terrier cross (border/patterdale) dog escaped from

The bording Kennels at

Élevage du Domaine de Maynard, complexe canin et félin des Albères.
Avenue de Montgat Chemin de Saint André 66700 ARGELES SUR MER Tél. 04.68.81.56.82 Port. 06.80.32.29.97 ou 06.14.55.01.87 mail : contact@domaine-maynard.com

At this time a hunt was taking place. Please could you ask hunters to tell us if they see it.
Small Border / Patterdale terrier Female Chocolate brown colour
our address Ian ROUND 3 rue Joseph Sales, 66490 Vives France
tel: 06-34-53-19-70[/b]
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

So sorry to hear that, and hope you find your dog soon. We'll certainly keep a look-out when we're out with Frank
Round
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Round »

Thank you. Could you pass the information onto your friends to keep a look out.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Of course we will. Please post on here when it returns
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

This is not the first time a dog has escaped from these kennels - although to be fair, they are described as excellent.
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/The-Es ... in-the-P-O?

Will keep this thread on the home page and keep an eye out too as i cycle around there quite regularly.

Best of luck. Fingers crossed that she turns up safe and sound.
Last edited by Admin on Wed 23 Oct 2013 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Have you informed the local vets and dog charities. Pet Alert Pyrenees-Orientales 66 have a Facebook page and everyday show pictures of lost dogs and cats. If you are on Facebook yourselves place a picture which can be passedaround.
Dylan
Round
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Round »

Thanks everyone who has posted and thanks for useful information, will be putting post on facebook. If and when she has been found I will put post up.

At this moment my husband is cycling along all cycle paths from Le Boulou to Argeless.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

hi, I would ring chenil service (or go in which is even better ). they are next to the spa polygone nord. If your dog isn't there you can leave all the details with them just in case . Also contact the mairies. I'm pretty sure they are all linked to chenil service but just in case you could ask them where dogs are sent. I hope that the boarding kennels are helping you in your search. There is a site called chien perdu.org where you can put photo and details.
Round
Rank 0
Rank 0

SHE HAS BEEN FOUND!

Post by Round »

I got a call this afternoon from Fred to say a lady in Argeles had seen the dog and call the SPA in Perpignan, they phoned the kennel owner who then phoned us.
We have collected her and after a visit to the vet she is now back home with us doing a lot of sleeping
Thank you for your helpful ideas and support. We have also had outstanding support from neighbours M Gomez who leads the local hunt in our area he phoned all his contacts. Our friend Muriel from our local campsite for relentlessly telephoning every vet, campsite and Marie from Argeles to Boulou finally to our friends Fred & Mark who have acted as a go-between to the owner of the kennels. All the above gave us hope.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Fantastic news. As owners of 2 dogs my heart went out to you. We always use that boarding kennels and have always found them so good.
Dylan
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

So glad it's turned out well
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

That's such good news.
On two occasions I found dogs which had been left with friends whilst their owners were away.
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

Fantastic. Sooooo pleased. :lol:
scotty210
Rank 1
Rank 1

She has been found!

Post by scotty210 »

Great news, must be a huge relief, really glad it's turned out well in the end!
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

Excellant news!

We have just got our 2nd dog which like yours is a Patterdale / Border Terrier cross so we know what characters they are, the last few days must have been terrible.
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Great news, what a relief for you.