weather

Info and interesting facts on weather issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

It is weird that everyone thinks that if you go to a ski station you should have nerves of steel. There are some very nasty areas you can get yourself in and then don't have the nerves to get out. Took me years to accept that I was never going to be a fast skier but learnt to just trundle at my own speed. I can't ski now but do love to go up to the top and have a cuppa.

Weather in Les Angles today is clear and sunny, no wind to bother mentioning.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I cant ski either Jenny but my ex did. We went to Andorra, Bulgaria and Austria. I loved Austria (the glacier near Mayhoffen) in particular because it had little bubbles that seated 4 people. While my ex was skiing I would go up and down in a bubble (mostly just me in it) between the cafes. Loved watching the little ones 4/5 years old come hurtling down and without poles. Always found someone to talk to and share a schapps with. I did hire the ski equipment on 2 occasions but as soon as I put skis on I feel physically sick. Not everything is for everyone is it!!
Dylan
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles:

The weather is not too good up here today. It's a bit drizzly and grey. It is forecast for snow later today and tomorrow. And then it should brighten up after that until Christmas Day and then it should snow again. Hmmm A White Christmas.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Wish you were here!!!!!

The weather is again lovely Blue skies,bright sun and the pistes are quite busy. It's Friday and I have just walked through the village and there are still quite a few holiday makers although some are packing their cars and waiting for buses. I noted that louts have already scribbled graffiti all over the new bus stop. What brainless idiot thought that was a good idea.
All the roads are clear and dry.
Yesterday we went over to Puyvalador. Well worth a visit as it is like a little jewel of a station, no queues and quiet pistes, fantastic views from the top of the lifts. Well worth a stop and take five to orientate yourself, you feel France or at least the PO is at your feet.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Tempted to jump in the car right now. Sounds enticing!
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

We went for an afternoon in st pierre on the 2nd it was lovely.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Raining......so anyone thinking of coming up today.....don't bother.
It's very grey and overcast. How many shades of grey I wouldn't know but it's horrible outside. Alledgedly it should turn into snow later today but I doubt it will be much but you never know up here.
So log fire on and I will be reading my Kindle.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Fifty Shades of Grey? You naughty girl :lol: :lol:
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Hey Kate, I may be getting old but I can still read. Hmmm!!!!!

Actually I found it not only boring and dull but disappointing.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Just a thought, as we all so spread out, how about some kind of "book club" with comments,critiques, suggestions etc.
Most of us have Kindles now so the cost is going to be low...how about it.?
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles
It's a bit grey again [only one shade Kate] and it has snowed a couple of inches overnight. Throughout the night it have been very windy but now appears to have dropped slightly and but is still coming in gusts. The chair lifts and gondolas are going quite slow because of this.
For the skiers, this coming week should be much quieter as most people have gone back to work and will leave the slopes wide and open.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles
Quite warm today but a little overcast.
Snow is forecast next week for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And then again on Friday. But that is not guaranteed. Keep an eye on the road reports if you are thinking of coming up skiing.
The slopes a very quiet this week.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles

It's a bit cloudy today but with no wind. So makes for nice skiing if you don't mind a few more people here for the weekend.

This coming week is forecast for six days of snow. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, non on Thursday but Friday, Saturday and Sunday it should snow quite heavily but nothing is ever written in stone.

I will keep you updated as to the road conditions as much as I can see them.
kathyw
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kathyw »

Husband is going up Skiing tomorrow.
Can you give us any idea of the snow conditions.
If its not brill I will wait and go another day
Thanks
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Hi Kathy, there is just some light snow at the moment. The pistes are still in pretty good condition albeit a bit hard packed in the mornings and some snow will help even more. It is a bit colder than it has been but us due to warm up again on wednesday. The roads are still clear. have a good day.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles

Four seasons in one day up here.
This morning was lovely, hot and sunny.Now at 4pm it's snowing like mad.
The roads should be clear for some time but if it snows in the night things might change so take care.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles

Weather warning.
It is nearly 7pm Saturday evening and the snow is falling very heavily and is laying on the ground.
Please think twice before coming up to ski tomorrow. The roads could be very bad .
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles

Sometimes France Meteo gets it wrong but there is no mistaking the onset of snow by the speed in which the staff of the Eden Rock Cafe are taking in their chairs and tables.I have just walked from the village and the snow is coming down steadily getting heavier by the minute.. I t is forecast for the rest of the day and for a few days this week.
It is also perishingly[is that a word?] cold. The cloud is coming down quickly and is basically not a good day to ski.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Perishingly cold is exactly what it is here. It is raining now.
I am just going to get out my heavy winter coat and hope my sheepskin gloves are in the pockets, as we are off to a funeral in an hour.....
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Just started raining very lightly down here in Argeles.
Dylan
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Opas, considering we don't live that far away from each other the weather is very localised. Although it rained here this afternoon it wasn't that cold. We are only 1 km from Thuir but sometimes it is raining here and not there or vice versa, also sometimes cars are iced up in one and not the other!!!
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

weather

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Les Angles
This morning was bitterly cold with snow flakes in the air. Half an hour later the sun came out and warmed the air up and now it's lovely.More snow due tonight. The roads at the moment are clear and dry.