Heavy snow.

Info and interesting facts on weather issues

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Heavy snow.

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

I have been in contact with a friend and he has kindly given me a very useful site which will tell you what you need to drive in the mountains etc.
www.drive2ski.com
The main thing is that everyone is safe and within the law.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jenny
It's a good source but it doesn't mention the breath analyser kit.

Thursday PM I was going to have a meal with some friends. There were seven Gendarmes at a Round Point in Sorede. They didn't make me stop but I was driving very, very slow. Two of the Gendarmes looked into the Van ~ I think that the basic check is for the belts being attached. I wasn't asked to stop.

Considering the size of Sorede, this is good thought that you cannot drive through the smaller villages without being meeting the requirements. Keep yourself belted. It's cheaper!

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Heavy snow

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Hey Black Duff, Trust you to notice the lack of the Breath Analyser.I'm sure the last time I looked Sorede wasn't quite under "mountain Status"[little joke] When it does snow there I will personally bring you my spare set of chains. Loved the little quote....why do I never have any of those.
Mrs H

Post by Mrs H »

blackduff wrote:Jenny

Thursday PM I was going to have a meal with some friends. There were seven Gendarmes at a Round Point in Sorede. They didn't make me stop but I was driving very, very slow. Two of the Gendarmes looked into the Van ~ I think that the basic check is for the belts being attached. I wasn't asked to stop.

Considering the size of Sorede, this is good thought that you cannot drive through the smaller villages without being meeting the requirements. Keep yourself belted. It's cheaper!

Blackduff
Not required until 1st March 2013... if ever
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Mrs H wrote:
blackduff wrote:Jenny

Blackduff
Not required until 1st March 2013... if ever
I think that the law has already started but "they" have said they won't give fines until the first of March. I keep reading in Connexion about this being removed but I read the French newspapers too and I haven't seen anything along this way yet.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.