When does spring arrive in the Perpignan area?

Info and interesting facts on weather issues

Moderator: Moderators

Leok
Rank 2
Rank 2

When does spring arrive in the Perpignan area?

Post by Leok »

Just wondering when does spring arrive in the Perpignan area?
Am planning a trip early in March and want to know what we can expect for temps and precip?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Already on its way. March usually brings rain and sunshine (and sometimes wind and storms) so I've pretty well covered all the options. :lol:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: When does spring arrive in the Perpignan area?

Post by martyn94 »

Leok wrote:Just wondering when does spring arrive in the Perpignan area?
Am planning a trip early in March and want to know what we can expect for temps and precip?
You can expect what you get on a google search on "climat Perpignan". Some years it's nicer than in other years. We will not refund your costs if it turns out to be foul.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: When does spring arrive in the Perpignan area?

Post by martyn94 »

You can expect what you get on a google search on "climat Perpignan". Some years it's nicer than in other years. We will not refund your costs if it turns out to be foul.[/quote]

But we will expect a contribution to charity if it turns out be lovely (for the time of year), as it often is. Early March, anywhere, is a bit of a toss-up. But good luck.
Leok
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Leok »

Thanks all for the infos.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

The Tramontane can be extremely harsh. We were in Barcelona at the beginning of January and the weather was mild and sunny during the day, cool at night. However, at least one day, there were strong winds here and it was colder. I realise you are referring to spring,but even then the weather is usually better in Barcelona.............
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Daphne wrote:The Tramontane can be extremely harsh. We were in Barcelona at the beginning of January and the weather was mild and sunny during the day, cool at night. However, at least one day, there were strong winds here and it was colder. I realise you are referring to spring,but even then the weather is usually better in Barcelona.............
I think that two clichés are relevant here. First, that the plural of anecdote isn't evidence: it is often nicer in Barcelona than here, but sometimes not (there were violent hailstorms round Girona/Figueres the other day, and nothing even close here). And second that climate isn't the same as weather: the climate is a minor thing I might consider in choosing between Barcelona and here for the rest of my life (I'd be more concerned about learning Catalan, or not), but the weather on any particular week in March is pretty much of a toss-up in either place, but nice in either if you're averagely lucky. The weather between the two places mostly varies between pretty narrow limits, except maybe for the "urban heat island" effect in high summer, which I can happily do without.

Incidentally, I'm not sure I'd ever call the tram "harsh" unless I were on a camping holiday, though it's certainly sometimes tiresome. It seems to me the sort of thing that they big up in tourist guide-books to persuade you that you are going somewhere interesting.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Oh dear Martyn 94, here we go again! Too much time on your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Daphne wrote:Oh dear Martyn 94, here we go again! Too much time on your hands!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never enough time for all those exclamation marks.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

To answer the question.

On New Year's Day we had a picnic on the beach. I have a selection of cold weather clothes in my wardrobe which I've never needed to wear. Can't remember the last time I saw frost covered plants in my garden. Thousands of Flamingoes live all year on the exposed waters of the etangs.

When does spring arrive in Perpignan? Don't think it ever left!

Gus
Leok
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Leok »

Thanks all..
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Leok
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Leok »

Arrived on the 9th and brought spring with me.

Anyone unhappy with that?

LeoK
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Leok wrote:Arrived on the 9th and brought spring with me.

LeoK
Strange to say, I thought of you today as I fed my huskies. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Enjoy your stay.Hope you have a great time. 8)
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

LeoK
Strange to say, I thought of you today as I fed my huskies. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

LeoK
Very nice of you, keep it up!
Leok
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Leok »

Did my best leaving soon though. Will certainly return.

Leo K.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Don't take the weather with you please! :lol: Bon retour.