Removals to UK

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Removals to UK

Post by edann42 »

Apart from those shown in 'Directory Services', does anyone know of a good reliable removals company, France-UK, please ???
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

We used Shiply on two different occasions.
Not moving back to England are you, Edann?
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

House on the market! Will return to the UK when we sell Poll!

We've had three Grandchildren in the four years we've been here and feel we should spend much more time with them!

Anneliese health seems to be deteriorating and my French is poor! Best to go back, we feel!!

Shame, but that's life!
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Be aware, as you know the problems I am having, BAR are now involved, we went with a removal company that is part of the Britannia Group and a member of BAR. NEVER EVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cufc »

We moved out here with Steele's of Barrow in Furness who are always looking for loads to take both ways. Their rates are competitive and they are members of BAR.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Just to make it clear, the people that Marguerite moved with are NOT the ones who advertise in PO Life - they are also part of the Brittannia group, (I assume they are franchises) but have a good rep and the guy who runs it has a place round here and is a nice guy. :lol:
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Thankyou all! Fixed up now!
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Kate wrote:Just to make it clear, the people that Marguerite moved with are NOT the ones who advertise in PO Life - they are also part of the Brittannia group, (I assume they are franchises) but have a good rep and the guy who runs it has a place round here and is a nice guy. :lol:

Our experience has nothing to do with the PO guy, its local to where we lived, they are part of Britannia's franchise, my message is be aware of what your signing for, the chaps who have the other half of our furniture in the South of UK are part of Britannia and they have been brilliant, ............there is always a bad apple..
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.