Television Repairs?

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

vinogeek
Rank 2
Rank 2

Television Repairs?

Post by vinogeek »

Can anyone recommend a decent TV Repair place, preferably in the Perpignan area or Agly Valley?

The HDTV's out of warranty and the pictures got a green tinge and reduced resolution. Typical start to the New Year!
Corin FAIRCHILD
Domaine Vella Frontera

www.vellafrontera.com
Port: +33 620 68 14 67
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

televisioin repairs

Post by Sue »

This happened to us some while ago. Before going to the expense of a tv repair man look at the scart lead. If you have more than one scart socket on your tv plug the scar into another socket. If this doesnt work then try a different scart lead as you may have a broken wire in your existing lead, which was our problem. It also pays to buy a good quality scart lead as you will obtain a better picture and sound. Hope this works.
Dylan
vinogeek
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vinogeek »

Diolch yn fawr iawn Dylan, I tried the SCART to no avail: The TV is rigged up via SCART, HDMI and Composite cables to Sky, DVD and a PC - no matter which input I select (i.e. which set of cables), the picture is still abysmal... boo hoo. And I so wanted to watch The Sound of Music in glorious technicolour. ;-)
Corin FAIRCHILD
Domaine Vella Frontera

www.vellafrontera.com
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT When's that on? My fave all time film - no seriously it is. Saw it seven times when it was out and still shed a tear when Maria leaves.
Please tell me I haven't missed it!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Television repairs

Post by Sue »

I am sure it was on yesterday!!
Dylan
ryanm63
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ryanm63 »

Kate, SoM was on yesterday.... no hills alive today I'm afraid.
Regards

Malcolm
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Have you tried disconecting everything and starting again, sometimes you get a conflict with different conections sending the same signal to different imputs?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Bums! Think I have the video somewhere.... but no longer have a video player!! :roll:
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Corin, Look at your contrast, we had the same and that was set at 100%....don't know who would have done that... :oops: :oops: :wink:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Television Repairs?

Post by russell »

vinogeek wrote:Can anyone recommend a decent TV Repair place, preferably in the Perpignan area or Agly Valley?

The HDTV's out of warranty and the pictures got a green tinge and reduced resolution. Typical start to the New Year!
There's one in Millas, Place de la Republique, but it may be a bit out of the way for you.

Auchan does a good service but I don't know if it's restricted to their own sales.

Russell.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Expert - Le Boulou repair TV's and you don't have to have bought it there. They charged us 50 euros for the diagnosis, and then deducted that charge when we paid the repair bill. They are next to Leclerc on the N9
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

tv

Post by Sue »

What about the forums own Montgolfiere. Dont know how close he is to you.
Dylan
vinogeek
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vinogeek »

Hey all, tried all the cabling shenanigans with no result. It needs repair - any recommended TV Repair people in the Perpignan/Agly valley area
Corin FAIRCHILD
Domaine Vella Frontera

www.vellafrontera.com
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

you could try.. www.british-tv-in-france.co.uk he lives in Rennes les Bains, he came and sorted out our ariel and satellite in Lesquerde.

he is the forum member montgolfiere .
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I believe that Darty will handle any television, whether it was bought there or not. Their people are quite competent and their price is similar to other TV guys.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.