Water Testing

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Dilly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Water Testing

Post by Dilly »

Hi all,

Thanks to a previous topic I found out where in Perpi to take the water from our well to be analysed (Laboratoire départemental des Pyrénées Orientales, Technosud Rambla de la Thermodynamique), but could someone out there let us know how you go through this process?

Sorry to sound thick. Is the Laboratoire an institution/office type place or is it like a pharmacy? Do they stipulate the container for your "sample" (can you take it in a jam jar)? Can you wait while they do the tests or do you leave it with them?

Also as we are over an hours drive from Perpi it would be great if anyone knows what the Laboratoire's opening hours are. We're only here for weekends and occasional hols so knowing our luck we'd plan our trip and it'd be shut.

Thanks
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Here's the site (found on Google)
http://www.societe.com/societe/laborato ... 33451.html
If you scroll down the page, on the right side you will find
Laboratoire analyses eau
laboratoire d'analyse d'eau piscine, puits, élevage, industrie
www.agrilab4a.com
Click on that link, then on VOTRE ANALYSE D'EAU to order your analysis online by following the steps (scroll down) in the two blue boxes
which tell you
a) the cost of the analysis you specify (source and purpose)
b) how to take your water sample and send it.
That way you don't need to go to Perpignan and the result is returned prepaid with your order.

Hope that helps!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Dilly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dilly »

Thanks for the replies.

I never even thought you could do this by post! Will sort this out on our next visit.

Thanks again