French Lessons

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Existentialbricks
Rank 2
Rank 2

French Lessons

Post by Existentialbricks »

Hello all!

Just moved family to Céret over the summer, we've been up to our necks in organising services but dust has settled and kids intalled in school. Now us adults need to seriously knuckle down and get to grips with getting out and about and talking to people and learning the language.

I've seen the Alfmed site, which seems a bit pricey- but if that's what we have to do then sobeit, however was wondering if anyone can recommend other courses, teachers or conversation groups either locally or in Perpignan. Preferably around Céret though as would like to get to know a few people locally!

Any info greatly appreciated :)

Sharon
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Hi Sharon
Welcome to the forum - and to the department!!

I used to like Promolangues - they're now situated near the parking Henri Guitard in Ceret - alternatively, for one to one teaching, you couldn't do better than Nathalie Laulhere. She is French but lived for many years in London. She too is based in Ceret. The best way to contact her is to go to the Cafe de France and ask someone there (her partner, Pierre, is one of the owners).

Good luck! :-D

PS And don't be afraid of making mistakes - we all do it ! :-)
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Try here Sharon:
www.french66.fr
My wife teaches French, you're more than welcome to contact her. :)
O.VAL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: French Lessons

Post by O.VAL »

Hello
I am a French teacher and would be happy to welcome you. Small group in Sorède. Attractive price and very friendly atmosphere. Tea offered !!
First lesson free.
Looking formard to seeing you.
Valérie

Existentialbricks wrote:Hello all!

Just moved family to Céret over the summer, we've been up to our necks in organising services but dust has settled and kids intalled in school. Now us adults need to seriously knuckle down and get to grips with getting out and about and talking to people and learning the language.

I've seen the Alfmed site, which seems a bit pricey- but if that's what we have to do then sobeit, however was wondering if anyone can recommend other courses, teachers or conversation groups either locally or in Perpignan. Preferably around Céret though as would like to get to know a few people locally!

Any info greatly appreciated :)

Sharon
Lostweekend
Rank 1
Rank 1

french lessons

Post by Lostweekend »

We have lessons with Elianne Morley, the lessons are great fun, well thought out, very informative, first class!
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Hi Sharon.

I'm currently the President of Promolangues,to which Thumbelina refers above.

We have a number of options for French courses at our place in Céret.

Please give Danièle,our secretary,a ring on 09 63 65 04 85 (any morning after 9 30 or Weds afternoons) to discuss your requirements. Don't worry;she speaks excellent English. I've told her to expect a call from you.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

john wrote:Hi Sharon.

I'm currently the President of Promolangues,to which Thumbelina refers above.
Well knock me down with a feather!

I never knew that! :D
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

When we moved here having learned a little french from cassettes (shows how long ago it was) we took a different approach and joined a few local clubs. We found that everyone was most helpful and would help us with our french as we learned by using it. We also made friends that way.

Russell.
Existentialbricks
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Existentialbricks »

Thanks everyone for yor responses. :)

We'll do a bit of research and see which option suits us best....
annetteyoung
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by annetteyoung »

Hi,
I have moved to Ceret only recently and am looking to learn the language too. If anyone else is learning and would like to practice with someone with the same lack of fluency, then please do let me know. Annette