Flower delivery UK

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Flower delivery UK

Post by thumbelina »

Saturday lunchtime I realised, with a sense of panic, that my aunt's birthday is on Monday 2 August and I had forgotten to send a birthday card and present to her.

Checked out moonpig, I was too late. Checked out Waitrose flowers, too late. Checked out M&S flowers too late. Even too late for Sendabunch!

I then found Arena flowers.

http://www.arenaflowers.com/

I placed an order for a bouquet, a glass vase AND a birthday card on Saturday afternoon and they were delivered yesterday as requested. My aunt was highly delighted, she said the quality was fantastic and the packaging second to none so that the goods arrived in good order.

If you are a little late remembering an event, try them out. I shall certainly be using them again! :D
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

I will remember that name. Have had 2 disastrous bouquets sent to me in France by flying flowers.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I had one bad experience with them, too, Rose. Never again.

It would be interesting to hear how Arena get on when it's an international delivery. We'll wait for your report on that one (I don't seem to get sent flowers, I just send them lol!!)

I've just received a lovely, personal email from them, thanking me for taking the time to send an email of thanks lol! :lol:
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Slightly off topic:

Last Saturday morning I wanted to send some flowers to a friend in Estagel. I telephoned the only florist there only to be told that they couldn't take telephone orders as they had no machine for CB. So I bit the bullet and ordered (expensive) flowers from www.interflora.fr. Mid afternoon the same day I received a call from my friend thanking me for the flowers - about four hours after I placed my order!

If a French company can deliver the same day why can't a British one deliver in two days?

Russell.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

To be fair, I never thought to use Interflora. I've always found them ridiculously over priced and often of questionable quality. Had I had the time to pick up the phone and call a florist near my aunt, I'm sure I could have arranged it too. But when at work it is easier to do things on the internet than it is to do it by mobile phone (and cheaper too! lol) and none of the companies listed above would accept an order on Saturday afternoon for delivery on Monday.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Flower delivery to UK

Post by Sue »

For the last 4 years I have been using Bunches on the internet to send flowers to both England and Northern Ireland. They are very reasonable, I have never encountered any problems and the recipients have always said either the plant or the flowers were outstanding.
Dylan