Glass cut?

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Glass cut?

Post by collioure_bee »

A couple of friends have a patio table and the glass top is broken. Is there anywhere that anyone knows of where they can get replacement glass (toughened) for it? Preferably cut to size. Think it was originally bought in Leroy Merlin but not sure they do replacement glass.
"She knew the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

If it's hard to do, it's not worth doing.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Both Leroy and Casto sell cut glass, per your size. If your friend needs something more special, there's a mirror shop a bit higher than the Quartier St. Jacques. If he needs this, I can zero closer to where the store is shown. It will be more expensive than the Leroy/Casto choice.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Glass cut

Post by Sue »

The Brico near Intermarche at Le Boulou also cut glass to size and have strengthened glass.
Dylan
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Carrefour in Château Roussillon - Route de Canet. Go to Mr.Brico in the shopping mall and ask for M.Louis (or anyone else who cuts glass!) It's fairly cheapo.
HF
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I don't think you can just get a piece of glass cut, it needs to have the edges polished and then be toughened. There is a European standard for this
EN 12521.

I suggest you look in yellow pages for someone near you.
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

Wow, thanks all. I'll copy this and pass it on to them.
"She knew the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

If it's hard to do, it's not worth doing.