electrician

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

electrician

Post by mand »

we are finding it very hard to find good reliable tradesmen in Argeles sur mer..we have property there that we let out through an agent (although might soon be parting company with them) whenever we have a problem our agents seem to leave it to us to sort out unless it is something small and being in the UK we can't drop everything and go and try and find tradesmen.

an example we rent out our apartment long term it needed a new water heater our letting agents said they had found someone new in town and so we had a quote and accepted pointing out that it all had to be completed the same day so the tenant had hot water, the tradesman sent us the bill saying he had completed his work,but our agent said it wasn't connected to the electricity so we asked the tradesman why he did not connect it considering he had charged us on his bill for the connection and he said he couldn't because he found we needed a new fuse box and we need to get an electrician for that...but he still wanted full payment we refused saying either he completed the work or we deducted from his bill the connection charge that he had applied...he said unless we pay all he will return to the apartment and rip it all out...so we quickly contacted our agent and asked them to do what is needed to get the heater connected.

that was 2 weeks ago and we hadn't heard anymore so thought it had been sorted and were waiting for the bill but today our agent sent us an email stating they haven't been able to get quotes, the tenant is now refusing to pay rent also our agent said we must get it sorted ourselves......why are we paying them.....it is all such a mess and so stressful. we thought that these agents took care of all issues....even if they get us quotes for other work if we ask them to ask if it negotiable or if there is a problem they say we have to contact the tradesman direct to resolve things. does anyone know a really good relaible electrician in Argeles?
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Which agent are you using in Argeles?
Mr Mullet of http://www.odv.com/droite_sommaire.htm
would surely be the one you should have unless he has changed beyond recognition!

For electrician and plumber combined we know no-one better than
Alain Marsa
http://www.manageo.fr/fiche_info/343983 ... alain.html

I think others will back me on the above..
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

deleted because I cant be bothered with crappy stupid bickering
Last edited by thumbelina on Wed 24 Feb 2010 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

DELETED,,incase i offend any of the rob morley fan club :lol:
keep up the good work rob.
Last edited by interiors66 on Thu 25 Feb 2010 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Deleted following Thumbs' delete!!
Last edited by Roger O on Wed 24 Feb 2010 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
I deal in Logic!
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

thumbelina wrote:deleted because I cant be bothered with crappy stupid bickering
attagirl
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

thumbelina wrote:deleted because I cant be bothered with crappy stupid bickering
i am not bickering but looking for advise how am i supposed to know if this is the norm in France without giving the background for all i know this might be how all agencies and tradesmen operate
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I'm not talking about you.

How can you be bickering? You're the OP! :D

I recommend Rob Morley who is a very active member of the forum and is an electrician and plumber.

Robert Morley
Throughout the region - Phone: +33 (0) 4 68 83 38 54
ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING SERVICES Renovation/Electrical installation/Bathrooms and plumbing/Kitchen/Tiling
A professional approach and quality of service
Fully insured and registered with the Chambre de Métiers Most installations benefit from VAT 5.5% Established 7 years within the region. Member of UPA and CAPEB.
Detailed estimates and invoices submitted in English. Previous clients reference listings and portfolio available on request.
Siret no: 440200830
Serge

Post by Serge »

Mand,

It's not always like this on here - honest.

You would be advised to get 2 or 3 quotes for any work - you may be surprised at the difference .................. :wink:
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

OK all - but what about the agent I mentioned??
Agents play a pivotal role in this kind of business!
I deal in Logic!
Serge

Post by Serge »

Deleted! - cause other people have .............. Image
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: electrician

Post by mrob343 »

mand wrote:we are finding it very hard to find good reliable tradesmen in Argeles sur mer..we have property there that we let out through an agent (although might soon be parting company with them) whenever we have a problem our agents seem to leave it to us to sort out unless it is something small and being in the UK we can't drop everything and go and try and find tradesmen.

an example we rent out our apartment long term it needed a new water heater our letting agents said they had found someone new in town and so we had a quote and accepted pointing out that it all had to be completed the same day so the tenant had hot water, the tradesman sent us the bill saying he had completed his work,but our agent said it wasn't connected to the electricity so we asked the tradesman why he did not connect it considering he had charged us on his bill for the connection and he said he couldn't because he found we needed a new fuse box and we need to get an electrician for that...but he still wanted full payment we refused saying either he completed the work or we deducted from his bill the connection charge that he had applied...he said unless we pay all he will return to the apartment and rip it all out...so we quickly contacted our agent and asked them to do what is needed to get the heater connected.

that was 2 weeks ago and we hadn't heard anymore so thought it had been sorted and were waiting for the bill but today our agent sent us an email stating they haven't been able to get quotes, the tenant is now refusing to pay rent also our agent said we must get it sorted ourselves......why are we paying them.....it is all such a mess and so stressful. we thought that these agents took care of all issues....even if they get us quotes for other work if we ask them to ask if it negotiable or if there is a problem they say we have to contact the tradesman direct to resolve things. does anyone know a really good relaible electrician in Argeles?
Hi Mand,
Well that sounds about typical of some of the agents here,sorry to hear of your problems.
France telecom came to visit one of my clients the other day on a "new build" to connect them,however the "gaine"leading from the house was twisted and as a result he could'nt get the cable through...fault of the builders, after trying for around a minute he presented them with a bill for 35.00 € basically for doing nothing! :evil:
Unfortunately i'm on a deadline of next wednesday to complete two jobs,otherwise i would have been able to sort out your water heater probs.
Best of luck with it anyway,and hope you find someone. :wink:
Thanks thumbs for the reckie x :wink:
Cheers
Rob
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

..................oh .. what can I delete. :cry:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

electrician

Post by Sue »

I agree with Thumberlina, Robert Morley is excellent. Our electric supply kept on tripping. We rang him on a Saturday leaving and answer machine message, He rang back on the Monday apologising for not coming back to us over the weekend due to him being away. He then also turned up on the Monday and fixed the problem at a reasonable cost.
Dylan
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

...he's a good one is our Rob... :lol:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Don't say 'our', Marguerite - it's chauvin! :roll:
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

....common as muck.... :lol: :lol: so he says she says...yeh but no but..
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Marguerite & Steve wrote:...he's a good one is our Rob... :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Now come on, calm down girls !!! 8) :wink:
DaveM
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DaveM »

Rob's your man.
He's done lots of work for us, plumbing and electricals, and is now a personal friend.
His work is exemplary.
Top man!

(and I'm not a girl)
DaveM
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Yorkshire Mafia!!
Just finished rereading Room at the Top after a break of about 50 years.
Got you lot sassed out now!!
I deal in Logic!
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Well, not for the first time, you've lost me now! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

I'd recommend rob too. (he runs a great music thing on line too :lol: )
"She knew the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

If it's hard to do, it's not worth doing.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

thumbelina wrote:Well, not for the first time, you've lost me now! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
In which case I present you with our Logo
I deal in Logic!
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Roger..what have you had for breakfast.... :roll:
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Marguerite & Steve wrote:Roger..what have you had for breakfast.... :roll:
Just my usual tea - laced with a few white crystals, of course!!
I deal in Logic!
Serge

Post by Serge »

thumbelina wrote:Well, not for the first time, you've lost me now! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Think it is called 'Deja Moo' .......... :lol: :lol:
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Doan ee mock oi!!
(That's Debn not Yorkshire!)
I deal in Logic!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

So glad i went to St Thomas les bains yesterday and I think a few on here could do with a day of Zen, seems a few of you have your knickers in a twist over something and nothing as far as I see it.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.