Storm damage repairs - advice please!

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Smith family
Rank 0
Rank 0

Storm damage repairs - advice please!

Post by Smith family »

Hi,

Glad to hear that everyone is relatively OK apart from the storm damage. The PO has been really unlucky with weather over the winter, we were there at Christmas, althought this sounds much worse.

My enquiry is probably the first of many about this subject.

We have a house just outside Thuir and I've just had a call from my neighbour to say that several roof tiles have blown off. They have shored things up for the time being, but we need to get the roof repaired ASAP. We will not be able to come over for about 3 weeks. Can anyone recommend a good trademan for this area please? I would like to call somone, get them to visit the house, and provide a quote via email. I'm sure that all builders/ roofers are going to be inundated, so I want to do this sooner rather than later.

Many thanks,
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Just a thought. Does your insurer have any advice ? Do they have the 'call-out' lines taht we have in the uk ?

John
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Have sent you a pm
Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Roof repairs

Post by Sandy M »

Hi Family Smith,

I can highly recommend John White (Maçonnerie Generale) and I'm pretty sure Thuir is within his area. He operates out of Taurinya and is superb. He's honest, trustworthy, friendly, helpful and, above all, ace at his job. He's British has been working in France for five years and recently started his own business. He speaks French too. He's currently building us a beautiful patio and his prices are extremely competitive.

His phone number is 09 61 36 79 31 Mobile: 06 28 64 13 87

I happen to know he's out on emergency calls about roofs this afternoon but is likely to be in this evening.

Hope this is of help,

Sandy
Smith family
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Smith family »

Thanks very much to everyone who has replied.

I put my brain in gear later in the day (!) and have called the insurance company, who do indeed have a process. It sounds like they have their own expert who goes to assess the damage. I think either I or them then obtain quotes to get the work done. From what they say, I gather they are inundated with claims. Right across the whole south of France I would guess looking at the track of the storm.

Once they move ahead, I will probably call some of your recommended builders/ roofers for quotes.

Thanks again,