architects near Sorede

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

architects near Sorede

Post by jethro »

I've just bought an unprepossessing pile in the Vallée Heureuse and want to do something about my huge and humid basement. Can anyone advise on an architect or maître d'oeuvre who can do plans for this kind of thing ? I really want three estimates; one for a minimalist approach, one for an " it'll do for a few years " and one for the pouring of an impermeable chape and the installation of a 40M2 studio with all mod cons. While I am idly typing, how good is the Saniflow system when installed below the level of the main sewer ?
an' the wun' cried Mary.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Jethro
There are two Architects right here in Sorede. In fact, both are located on the Rue du Mas Tarte.

The bad news is that I don't have name of the first guy. The first is located on this street at the beginning of the road. It should have a number of something like 7 or 9 rue du Mas Tarte. He's a South African and he's lived here for about five years. He's associated with another woman doing the same work but I think it's in Laroque. He speaks English too.

The other is at 44 rue du Mas Tarte. His name is Fred Deaux. His business is located in Perpignan and he does not speak English.

I can find more, if you want. I know another person who has been using another architect for his work in Laroque. This guy may be back in Ireland right now. Maybe if these guys don't workout, I can ask the Irish guy who he's using.

Blackduff
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

We used to own 25 Vallée Heureuse for holidays (over the little bridge after the "dam" on the right and up the hill..)

There are some British who own houses on the left after driving past the bridge.
You could ask them who helped with eir extensive work.

Hope you manage OK with A.S.L.I.V. (if I remember rightly) - you should have received their papers when you signed for the house. This is the owners' association for all VH house owners..

(Mind the wild cows that come down from the hills and ravage gardens in winter! Actually I think the assoc installed kms of electric wire all round the valley after we left)
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

There's a Brit working as the cowherder up there now. He (Patrick) lives for the Village of Sorede. He lives a bit lower the river from my house. The cows come down from VH often and munch the grapes in the vineyards by my house. Now it's mostly pigs eating the grapes before the vendanges.

Blackduff
Mrs H

Post by Mrs H »

The architect who lives in Sorede is Andrew Whitty. 0684937578
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

Thanks, everyone for the valuable input.
an' the wun' cried Mary.