Handyman

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Handyman

Post by edann42 »

Have recently used the services of French handyman, Charlie, 06 77 20 92 45 doesn't speak English, but is very reasonable, versatile and reliable. Can I say more??

He operates in and around the Alberes!! Can do anything!!
Mrs H

Post by Mrs H »

The reason he's reasonable is that he's not registered or insured.
nicb18774
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nicb18774 »

My husband is also a handyman, he is multi-skilled and very reliable, he does speak English, he covers the whole of 66. He will be fully registered from 01/01/09 and is working cheque emploi until then so is fully covered. Loads of great references from local people on request. If you need him just let me know and he can contact you.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Whether Charlie is good or not, his telephone should not put into this forum.

This can cause him a lot of grief, if he's not "registered" or not insured. The telephone can attract the Gendarme. They do check work in various places and especially for "Black" workers. A few years back the Gendarmes visited a local bar and wanted to see who is doing the work on creating a new stone bar. Well, it was a Black worker and it did cause a stink.

I do know Charlie, he does do good work, and he is reasonible but he really doesn't his telephone number spread to the wrong people.

Blackduff
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

The inclusion of his 'phone number was at his request! I'm sure he would confirm this if asked!

You try and do a man a favour and ....................................!!!!!!

You cant win 'em all!!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I'm not saying Charlie shouldn't ask you to put his telephone (for business reasons). I'm saying you shouldn't take Kate's forum at risk. Putting black workers onto this page isn't legal. Think that about this a bit......?

Blackduff
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

I assume using them is illegal also, Blackduff, but it is apparant that we both have!!!! Still, lesson learned!
vieux hibou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by vieux hibou »

I have just caught up with this thread, having been momentarily distracted in another part of the forum. I have take out this chap's name and phone number until I can clarify with Kate (who has been away) whether or not she is ok with having them mentioned.

Thanks to edann42 for his/her good intentions, to Mrs H for her information and to Blackduff for his/her cautionary advice.
Forum Moderator
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I don't have a problem with it.
I will not put people who are not registered in PO Life, nor in the site directory, as I don't think it's fair on people who pay the (very high) charges that france imposes on small businesses but if people want to put their own details on the forum, that's fine. Do be aware though that we have quite a large readership (as opposed to membership) and not everybody is nice!
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

You are a busy little Owl.....tweet twooo :lol: :lol:
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

unlike England where it is too wet to woo.
vieux hibou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by vieux hibou »

Thanks Kate. I have restored the details.
Forum Moderator