Air Conditioning

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Air Conditioning

Post by edann42 »

We live near the Spanish Border and often shop in Figueres etc. Is it cheaper to buy and have installed, air conditioning, from Spain as opposed to buying locally??

My son, who lives in Tenerife, is absolutely certain that Spain is cheaper, but does anyone know definetively??

If Spain is cheaper does anyone know of a reliable supplier around the La Jonquera/Figueres areas, please?
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Many people insist that Spanish prices are cheaper than France. Sometimes they are but many other times it's the opposite. What you're going to find a reputable place here in France and get a devis. Then go over to Spain and do the same.

I looked for refrigerators in Spain and the bottom line is-it's more expensive than France.

SAV is the other item to mention. If you purchase from a Spanish company and things go pearshaped, do you think you're going to as good SAV with the Spanish supplier as a French supplier. Give this a good thought before you purchase across the border.

Blackduff
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Thankyou Blackduff, have taken all you say, on board.
Chris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Chris »

erm, what is SAV, other than the name of my wife , and of another excellent contributor to this board?!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Chris
SAV = Service Apres Vent

For the best I find, Darty is more expensive but they do have great SAV. But, if you buy a product in Spain, you might have SAV or maybe no.

I'm not saying that a person shouldn't buy in Spain. I lived there for six years and worked three years more later, so I know a bit about Spain. If I think is cheaper in Spain and the quality is okay, I would buy in Spain. Buying a new car in Spain will be fine. Maybe the refrigerator would work too, if you buy a brand name.

But if you buy a new piece of equipment (brand X) from a back door shop in Figueras, you might have a problem with SAV.

Blackduff
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Air conditioning

Post by Rose »

We are having reversible air conditioning installed as we speak. I got several quotes, but Olivier, Kate's husband, came up with the best. This might not be relevant to you but we are using a French company and he is overseeing it.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Air conditioning

Post by Rose »

Forgot to say, there are also 10 year guarantees with French companies.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Hi Rose, can you tell me the name of the French company you are dealing with and their location, please?

Edwin
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

You may already know this but with reversible clim you can get a 50% tax rebate on the cost of the appliances, assuming you pay taxes here.

The sytem needs to comply strictly with the regulations so make sure your installer knows the rather pernickity rules and guarantees you will get the rebate.

Needless to say you can't get the rebate if you buy the kit in Spain.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Fireplaces and solar heating are also methods of getting tax reductions.

Blackduff
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

air conditioning

Post by Rose »

edann - I have sent you a pm
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Does anyone know of a clim repairer who is not on holiday!

I have some clients swealtering as one unit has broken, it has to be in the room that takes sun from all sides.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

After trawling through the pages jaune for an hour I started to feel a bit desperate, and spread my search further . I then phoned B.M.Elec in Trouillas. He promised me a call back. To be honest I thought he was fobbing me off. 10 mins later he rang back and arranged to meet me in an hour!
2 very clean polite young men , so polite that they did not even pretend not to understand me :lol:

And just to add that Stéphane who advertises in P.O Life mag also gave me a ring back but the job had already been done.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.