Wrought Ironwork

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Wrought Ironwork

Post by edann42 »

Trying to find someone to make a wrought iron 'house name' sign. Found one ferroniere in Villelongue dels Monts, but he wants to charge 340 euro - much more than I want to pay!!!

Any suggestions??

Alternatively, a la UK, where can I get a wooden sign made???

Edwin
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I couldn't find a ferroniere so had my handrail made in the UK. Typically now I have what I want I have seen a couple of ferroniere adverts. There is one on the road just as you are going into Le Boulou fom Le perthus road, left hand side of the road. Don't know what he charges though. Loads of place in UK for signs, here is one
http://www.buysigns.co.uk/build.htm?ste ... QgodBzVTtQ
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

The shop, on the road towards Boulou, is no longer in business. I tried about two years ago. The woman said they're no longer in business-they're retired.

The woman did pass a name of a younger woman doing this work now. I lost the name of this girl but certainly if you look in the pages jaunes you could find some others.

There is a shop which does gates, bars, etc. and maybe he can do things like the name sign. I think his name is Kadou and it's in Argeles in the ZA across from where the Champion store used to live.

Blackduff
Olivier
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Olivier »

Try Christophe Oliveras in Le Boulou in the Intermarche trading estate. Turn left at the small roundabout and his workshop is behind Tech Piscine. tel 06 67 50 45 47. I use him personally and also professionally for all my clients.

Don't know if he speaks English but a great chap!
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Thankyou, Olivier
dazzert66
Rank 0
Rank 0

wrought iron

Post by dazzert66 »

Theres a guy in ceret behind Catena on the Zone Tech Ulrich near intermarché
pfrancis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Wrought Ironwork

Post by pfrancis »

His name is Privat. He has done some excellent work for us. he is not cheap. Paul.