Recommended electrician, plumber and kitchen supplier

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard and Sharon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Recommended electrician, plumber and kitchen supplier

Post by Richard and Sharon »

We had a new kitchen fitted earlier this year. Everything went so well that I feel that it's worth sharing the contacts.
I removed the old kitchen myself and, although capable of diy plumbing and electrics, have no French certification. That seems more important here for insurance, etc.
The tradesmen used to prepare for the new kitchen were:
Guillaume Bouvet - Electrician
E: guilaume.bouvet@live.fr
T: 06 83 15 70 18
Christophe Docus - Plumber and jobbing builder
E: jcdocus@bbox.fr
T: 06 43 00 28 40
Apparently they often work together and that proved useful for us with their coordination during the job. They sheduled the work together, both always arrived when expected, displayed great competence and left everything clean and tidy. Their rates were very reasonable. Christophe additionally resited a radiator and got our tempremental gas combi boiler running properly. Guillaume also fitted a new consumer unit, the orignal one was nearly 40 years old and getting dodgy. Both the guys speak English, if that helps.
The kitchen was supplied by Schmidt, Cabestany. The experience was excellent, from the choice of styles and the design service, through to the neat installation. The build quality is better than the typical kitchens you get in the sheds and the price, including decent quality appliences, was considerably less than anticipated (based on UK experience).