Dishwasher gone wrong

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

Dishwasher gone wrong

Post by 66france »

Any one know a man / woman who can fix it.

Thanks
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

Copra, an electrical store at the roundabout on the Laroque des Albères shopping centre fixed ours, but it wasn't cheap.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 66france »

How much did it cost.

Thanks
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Expert at Le Boulou do it - don't think that will be cheap either though!
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Taking into account the repair costs and still ending up with a well used dishwasher and then looking at the price of new machines I tend to think they are not worth repairing
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Dishwasher gone wrong

Post by martyn94 »

66france wrote:Any one know a man / woman who can fix it.

Thanks
How exactly? If it's to do with the controls, they can probably be "reset". Google is your friend, or even the user manual, if you still have it.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Not easy to comment without knowing the nature of the problem. Or at least the symptoms. I recently had a component failure on my dishwasher. Found what was broken and tracked down a new piece on the internet. The machine was not new, the replacement part was expensive and the machine probably had only a limited life. So scrapped it and bought a new one.

Gus
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Gus Morris wrote:Not easy to comment without knowing the nature of the problem. Or at least the symptoms. I recently had a component failure on my dishwasher. Found what was broken and tracked down a new piece on the internet. The machine was not new, the replacement part was expensive and the machine probably had only a limited life. So scrapped it and bought a new one.

Gus
And it works the other way: the inlet manifold on my washing machine froze up the other year (in Normandy, not here). It wasn't hard to guess what it roughly was, but taking the top off (a few screws) confirmed it. The bit cost about €20 plus postage, was easy to get at, and took 10 minutes to fit. Your mileage may vary.
catllar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by catllar »

Just had my dishwasher repaired in Perpignan by Depmenager on Julian Panchot next to the restaurant Le Bon Coin. Very efficient, Did what it said on the box. Under 100 euros. Phoned with quote and phoned when done. Tick V.G!
Life is not a rehearsal
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

catllar wrote:Just had my dishwasher repaired in Perpignan by Depmenager on Julian Panchot next to the restaurant Le Bon Coin. Very efficient, Did what it said on the box. Under 100 euros. Phoned with quote and phoned when done. Tick V.G!
Do I take it from this that you took it to them, and then collected and re-installed it? Even so, it seems a fair price, as these things go.
catllar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by catllar »

Yes I took it to them.
Life is not a rehearsal