I'd like to recommend a local building firm

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

I'd like to recommend a local building firm

Post by Webdoc »

I'd like to recommend a local building firm who have just finished replacing our ancient roof and re-pointing a huge 4 storey outside wall.

Hussell Building is a British father-and-son outfit, based in the P-O, with over 30 years’ experience in roofing and general building work. Our roof was a real pig of a job - the most awkward shape and no vehicle access for delivery and removal. But they weren't fazed and just cracked on in a confident and professional manner, keeping us informed of progress by email (with numerous photos) every step of the way. They even did all the fiddly extra bits we asked for without complaint or needing a reminder. They don't take the traditional French lunch break and work "English hours" but my goodness they do get through the tea bags! Unusual for local builders they also have their own scaffolding which allows them to be more flexible and helps to keep the costs down.

It's not easy handing the keys to your precious French house over to a stranger but Howard, and his son Neil, filled us with confidence and we are delighted with the end result.

Find them at http://hussellbuilding.com .
Last edited by Webdoc on Mon 01 Aug 2016 10:10, edited 2 times in total.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Good post. Great to hear recommendations and usefully to know.
I am always on the lookout for reliable builders.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: I'd like to recommend a local building firm

Post by Sus »

Webdoc wrote:I'd like to recommend a local building firm who have just finished replacing our ancient roof and re-pointing a huge 4 storey outside wall.

Hussell Building is a British father-and-son outfit, based in the P-O, with over 30 years� experience in roofing and general building work. Our roof was a real pig of a job - the most awkward shape and no vehicle access for delivery and removal. But they weren't fazed and just cracked on in a confident and professional manner, keeping us informed of progress by email (with numerous photos) every step of the way. They even did all the fiddly extra bits we asked for without complaint or needing a reminder. They don't take the traditional French lunch break and work "English hours" but my goodness they do get through the tea bags! Unusual for local builders they also have their own scaffolding which allows them to be more flexible and helps to keep the costs down.

It's not easy handing the keys to your precious French house over to a stranger but Howard, and his son Neil, filled us with confidence and we are delighted with the end result.

Find them at http://hussellbuilding.com .
Just to say thank you for your recommendation. We have also used them for some repairs on the main house and a new roof on the shed. Very professional, do the job they said they would do and do it well. We would also highly recommend them.
Amazing how grateful you can be for just finding good builders that take pride in their work and dont need constant checking :-)