Hertz

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hertz

Post by Sue »

Be very careful when using Hertz. I rented a car for 6 days out of Bristol Airport last month. I caused no damage to the car whatsoever and checked any damage was in accordance with the check sheet. I returned the car at the end of my trip with no additional damage as I had hit nothing not even a curb. A few days after my return I found Hertz had taken £101.02 from my credit card account. After ringing them on several occasions I have today received an email saying that it was for a replacement OSF tyre. As the one on the car when I returned it was damaged. Not by me it wasnt. It seems there is nothing I can do about it. In future (a) I will not be using Hertz and (b) I will make certain an employee of the Company I use checks the car for any additional damage and I obtain his signature that there is none.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I. Hire about 6 times a year, never yet been accused of damage on a vehicle, but to be on the safe side I buy insurance to cover car hire, costs about 50€ per annum.

But on a more serious note, how the hell do you prove you have not done the damage when you have left the car in good state.......who is to say one of their staff have not done it on a refueling trip? Example of perfect driving by one of record go staff at palma airport mallorca....I was on the 'motorway' on the run to the airport, one junction before the terminal a car came down the sliproad ,didn't observr the give way and forced me into the next lane.....he was then infront of me and I could see the logo on the rear and hubby recognised their driver wearing theirr t shirt(; I was also driving a record go car) l spotted the worker driver at the car hire parking........he spotted me too and dodged me as quickly as he entered the motorway
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

On another site I have learnt that other women travelling alone have experienced similar rip offs. Mainly by Hertz but also by other companies.
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Great news Hertz are returning the £101.02 that they took from our account. They didnt have a leg to stand on as the pictures they had taken of the car showing the tyre damage (which I didn't cause) was in a different bay to the one I had left it in and had been reversed in whereas I drove in making it easier to remove my 2 suitcases. Result.
Dylan
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Well done Sue
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I also posted every 2 or 3 days on their Facebook page, its a wonder they didn't report me for harrassment!! :lol: :lol:
Dylan
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

If, when you check-in your vehicle, you ask for an inspection receipt, Hertz are bound by their own rules to inspect the vehicle AND PRINT OFF A RECEIPT SHOWING THAT THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO PAY.
I've used this in the U.K. ever since Enterprise tried to rip me off. They picked the wrong person and lost a lot of business as a result.
A tip;
Show Hertz the receipt for fuel purchased near the depot, show the mileage and fuel gauge and get the check-in person to check over the vehicle. They will print off a receipt on a portable machine. Hertz at Stansted always do this for me.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Will try that Smiley G with who ever I use in the future.
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

RDavies@hertz.com is email address of the UK CEO of Hertz.

I had a 2 hour wait when picking my car up, a 'cock up' on their part with a days refund via the local Manager, so emailed him. He was excellent in sorting out a full refund of the 2 days hire + is upgrading my next 'Hire Car'.

http://www.ceoemail.com/uk-hr-directors.php
is a website with up to date email addresses for CEO's.....going to the Top seems an effective way of getting problems sorted out swiftly when complaints haven't been sorted out.