Hairdressers

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hairdressers

Post by Sue »

A new hairdressers has opened up in Argeles called Sandrine. Its run by a nice very trendy lady who I would say is late 40s to early 50s. She is French but tries to speak a little in English. She is the first French hairdresser I have been to in 8 years who actually listens to you and does as you ask. She also cuts hair in the English way of pointy cutting (my words, nothing technical) instead of using thinning scissors. My hair being fine does not need thinning more. She is also reasonably priced. If you go onto the road behind Intermarche there are some new shops on your left. She is in that block. I think there are 4 or 5 being constructed but only 2 occupied, Sandrine and a Wellness Centre.
Dylan
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Sue, I agree with you completely about French hairdressers not knowing how to cut fine hair!!!!!!!! I am at present suffering a terrible cut after stressing that I wanted it blunt cutting not thinned or feathered! I am waiting to go to Madrid in a couple of weeks for a decent hair style! Can't wait until October when we go to the UK! Problem here is that on the few occasions I have found a good hairdresser they never stay for long!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Jennifer , my daughter does the type of cut you mentioned, she has to as my hair is so thin and fine.
She is mobile and is native english but educated in france so fluent in both languages.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

That's why I stressed French hairdressers. I know Jen has the skills, she cut my hair often enough but sometimes you want someone on the spur of the moment and its a long way for Jen to travel to Argeles.
Dylan
scotty210
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hairdressers

Post by scotty210 »

May I put in a good word for my wife Kay? She is mobile, we have been here for 2 and a half years now, she has more than 20 years experience working in UK salons cutting all types of hair (including fine!) and is fluent in French into the bargain. Her details can be found on the PO Life Directory.
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

hairdresser

Post by CarolineN »

I too can vouch for Kay Scott She cuts your hair as you ask her to - and gives great advice on style and colour.

Highly recommend her

kayscott70@hotmail.co.uk
Karen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Karen »

Kay cuts and colours my( fine) hair too.
She knows hair.
Knows what will suit you ( colour and cut).
Really listens to your needs.

She really is an expert in her profession.
Visits you in your home, or you can go to hers.
Such a nice person too.

Karen
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Hairdressers

Post by Daphne »

Thank you all for your help and advice!
cla36
Rank 0
Rank 0

Wedding make up artist and hairdresser

Post by cla36 »

Hi, I am getting married in July 2015 in Colluire, does anyone know an English speaking hairdresser and make up artist available?