crack in plastic bath

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

crack in plastic bath

Post by opas »

One of my clients, whose summer rentals start in 2 weeks as discovered a crack in his bath.
At he momment I am waiting on a plumber to contact me re fitting a new bath, but looking on the internet there are ways if repairing cracks with epoxy type resins.

My question is, has anyone experience of doing this and how sucessfull was it?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

bath repair

Post by monsans »

Yes, I did and it worked for a good few years. At the time I could not get the same colour as the bath but I am sure that does not apply now. A few holes had been made with a sharp instrument - I love children!!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Thanks for answering, the owner has decided on a new bath, as it is a rental property it would be catastrophic if the repair failed mid season.

All I need now is a plumber who is able to do a devis and the work in our tight 3 week timescale :cry:

One didn't turn up, and two others are fully booked, any plumbers out there who are available.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

opas wrote:Thanks for answering, the owner has decided on a new bath, as it is a rental property it would be catastrophic if the repair failed mid season.

All I need now is a plumber who is able to do a devis and the work in our tight 3 week timescale :cry:

One didn't turn up, and two others are fully booked, any plumbers out there who are available.
No thoughts on plumbers, but if you find one, do check that the devis matches the maker's installation instructions. The last (and only) time I installed a plastic bath, it had to be placed on a bed of mortar, exactly because a bath full of water (and/or people) is very heavy, and liable to crack if not well supported. My job has lasted very well, thank you, but I'm afraid I'm 800km away.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

http://www.anglophone-direct.com/-Tradesmen-
These are from the directory. I know Rob Morley - nice guy and plenty of satisfied customers as far as I know. VN Élec comes recommended by my OH and havent heard any complaints about the others. All english speakers as far ad I know.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Martin, I shall pass on that info, the owner only had this one installed 4 years ago and said it has always been spongy.
Perhaps to spend a bit more on a ceramic one.

Kate, rob is one of the plumbers that is booked up, I knew he has a good reputation.

an update though, the owner phoned his insurance who are going to repair it, so their plombier is coming on Friday....
Hopefully all should be sorted out.
Debeneur.