Small welding job

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Small welding job

Post by joffan »

Hello

I'm looking for someone to repair a gate hinge, it is a large gate and the overall span of the gates is about 3.5m. The info I have at present regarding the repair is from an engineer staying at the house ......

"Looking at the gate hinge it only requires a small amount of welding (arc / stick weld) which with turning on the equipment and grinding (cleaning the two surfaces)"

" I am not sure if only a blacksmith can do this or if any local companies have mobile engineers who could carry out the work."

Please let me know if you think you can help or know someone who may be able to help.

Julie
CarolineN
Rank 3
Rank 3

gates

Post by CarolineN »

hi there is a blacksmith at Mas Guerido opposite the big tile shop - next to the asian food supermarket might be worth asking there
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

You could try David at Fer art, he is near ille sur tet /corbere 0698822800. He does grilles /portails etc and also does the fitting, he does have portable gear but I do not know to what extent.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by joffan »

Thanks for all the help. I have had a reply from someone who is going to do the job on Thursday.

Julie