jam jar labels

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

jam jar labels

Post by sue and paul »

does anyone know of a shop where I can buy self-adhesive pretty jam jar labels for my cherry jam please? I know I can buy plain ones and write or print on them, but a design would be nice. I'll be trying Gifi first I think
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Lovely choice on Ebay UK Sue.
Locally what about Gamm Vert (not sure where the nearest is now).
Dylan
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

ah, Gamm Vert. Loved that shop in Argelès - they were so knowledgeable and sold useful garden-y things. Obviously I didn't spend enough money there. I'll have a look on ebay. Thanks
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

You can design your own on VistaPrint. I've used them for small-run wine labels. The quality is professional. You can also design them in MS Word and print them at home on label paper, which you can get from Retif.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks. I might try that, even though my tech-skills are a bit dodgy
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Have a look at the bibliotech in Mas Guerido and see what they have. They used to have labels which you can print the design or buy labels which have fancy designs and you can print out the ingredients.

This shop is just a bit further than the Asia Center. It's called "Calipage".

Then, if they don't have the fancy label which you want, buy the plain vanilla and have the special design printed from your computer.

Go to the site CNET and choose download programs. Then look through what they have for free. This will allow you to print exactly what you want.

For nice labels of your cherry Jam, put a lighter photo as a behind on the label~something like a photo of cherry trees~ and then print in bold letters in a contrast colour and it might be pretty neat.

Of course, all of us want to visit the cherry jam which you're making.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Jam labels

Post by tubs »

Have a look on Lakeland. If you see any that you like I'll get them for you and bring them over at the beginning of June when I come.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks everyone. All good ideas. Tubs, thanks too, if I go the Lakeland way, I'll pm you

This is A-D forum at its best, ain't it? Thanks Kate :wink:
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yay. Love to see it helping people out. Just what it was meant for.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I found some printable labels on the internet, and with a bit of jiggery-pokery managed to print a sheet of individual self-adhesive labels. All done - thanks to everyone for your help and ideas